Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMF2

No AI Traffic calls heard

Guest JMF2

Hello all,Having a slight problem with hearing no AI traffic calls at all on any frequencies other than CTR/Center.My transmissions are fine and controllers ATC is fine also throughout 7 test flights so far.In depth;On departure, from the gate up until being handed over to CTR and on arrival at the other end after being handed off to APP, I do not hear any other AI traffic.I can see all traffic at the airports in front and behind taxiing. On departure approaching the holding point, I may be behind two aircraft at no3 - yet TWR gives me a line-up clearance. I do not hear anything from the TWR to the other two ahead but they take-off in turn in silence.As soon as I am handed over to CTR, the frequency comes alive with chatter and I can now hear both of the aircraft that were ahead and ATC communicating.Info;I have a recently purchased version of RC v4 on CD with the 4.01 and 4.2 patches/upgrades applied.Running FS2002 with a handful of PAI aircraft added.FSUIPC version is 3.7.0.0 Unregistered.Win XP ProDebug log sent to JD for perusal by mail.With a bit of luck, its probably something very simple but I am unable to fathom it so far.

In options, do you have interact with AI checked? (Just to confirm.) Your comment about getting a line-up command when AI are in front of you for the take-off queue suggests it might be off.In addition, do you have comm autotune enabled and Otto (your virtual copilot) not handling comms?

Guest JMF2

Thanks for the reply Ron,Just for completeness,In the General options I have;AI Chatter - TickedPre-Recorded Chatter - UntickedDisplay Text - UntickedPlay Pilot Wavs - TickedPilot Autoreply - TickedChkpt Ding - TickedInteract with AI - TickedTune on Contact - TickedStill continuing to sort here but still the same.Best RegardsDave

Guest JMF2

Additionally,Have just tried older versions of FSUIPC from 2975 through to the latest with the same results.On the off chance;Are there any other FS2002 users out there using RC4.2 with the latest version of FSUIPC unregistered ?ThanksDave

Guest JMF2

Hello chaps,Just heard back from John, RCV4 will not work with FS2002 as the AI status is not available.Some serious ammendments to the website and documentation will now be required I guess.Probably better to state this prior to other 02 users that are still around before they part with their cash.Thanks for all the input,RegardsDave

Please note from the product site:+++++++++++++++Version 4 System Requirements: * A personal computer capable of running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 * Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 * ADVDISP/ShowText version 2.1.3 or newer available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html * FSUIPC version 3.7.x or newer available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html=============http://www.jdtllc.com/Feature%20Chart.htm are the feature tables that clearly define what is available for each version of FS.As a suggestion me being a holdout for quite awhile from going to FS2K2 to FS9 I suggest you consider it. It is now available pretty inexpensively. It's advantages of parallel runway use and considerations for improvements in add-on panels and aircraft eventually made it mandatory for me.

Guest JMF2

>Please note from the product site:>>+++++++++++++++>>Version 4 System Requirements:>> >> * A personal computer capable of running Microsoft Flight>Simulator 2004> * Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004> *>> ADVDISP/ShowText version 2.1.3 or newer available from>http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html> *>> FSUIPC version 3.7.x or newer available from>http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html>>=============>>http://www.jdtllc.com/Feature%20Chart.htm are the feature>tables that clearly define what is available for each version>of FS.>Ron,Please note:I am glad that the 2002 information has now been altered/amended/withdrawn from the tables and requirements for V4 since of yesterday.Thanks for the advice re FS9. When my present system dies an upgrade may be possible, I may even consider another FS version. I do fully understand the backwards compatability problem for some of the developers of FS software fully.

Just to be straight the features table was up before the release of 4.01 as I recall. I was not a beta tester then but as an anxious user I looked it up when 4 was announced. The features table was promoted in the RC forum.

it was an oversight on my part. as peter dowson reminded me, the "State" of the ai planes were not available in fs2002.lot's of things break in rc v4.x when i can't tell what the ai are doing. so i removed all references to fs98, fs2000, and fs2002 from the web site.mea culpa