Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Waiting for Next Major Release

Guest Douglas Thompson

Well I'll be darned; didn't know that :-). Beats the heck out of all that tweaking! Will try next pmdg flight...

Please do, it works great. I used again tonight on a flight from Honolulu to Anchorage and I had a perfect 41nm range-ring and a waypoint by down-selecting it to the scratchpad and then up-selecting it to the legs page. The only trick is, to upselect to the legs page, you have to precede an existing waypoint on the legs page that is less than ~ 40nm from your destination so the new "fix" waypoint is put in the right oder.BTW, based on the way the fix down-select created the waypoint name, I also figured out tonight that I could add a new waypoint from any existing waypoint by down-selecting it to the scratcpad, add a bearing/distance to the end of the name and then up-selecting my new waypoint back onto the legs page. For instance, I had the ANC VOR near Anchorage as a final waypoint for Anchorage. I down-selected the ANC VOR, in the scratchpad changed ANC to ANC180/10 and then up-selected this new waypoint before the ANC waypoint in the legs page. This created a new waypoint ANC180/10 called "01" in the legs page that was 180 degrees @ 10 miles away from the ANC VOR. Pretty fast and easy stuff once you think it through.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest mmcevilley

If you really want to get deep into the Boeing FMCs, check out the following link.http://www.fmcguide.com/catalog/There you can find books on the 737 FMC, and the Big Boeing Guide for 757/767/747/777 FMCs. There are also "cockpit companion" guides. I have the Big Boeing Guide - its a great reference.-michael

Retired UAL Captain Mike Ray has a nice 700 series ops book just for simmers with partial or full glass cockpits. A cut down version is sold with some 700 models but is very limited.I have this and found it very useful for comprehending FMC and panel operations. It starts out with a simple tutorial flight and then leads to advanced FMC use. It is available for about $30 from his site and several sim pilot shoppes such as AVSIM and Amazon.Go to www.utem.com flight manuals and look for the 700 series PC simmers guide and browse some sample pages.