Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Spainair Call sign???

Just wondering if Spainair was included in RC4??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

A .wav file for Spanair does exist in the winwood folders but the corresponding entry in the c4 file is missing. It's a simple matter to add this yourself.Open the c4.csv file which you'll find in your RC4data folder. Make sure you open this file with Notepad or a similar text editor and NOT Excel or another spreadsheet!!! Scroll down until you find the entry for SOWIND and paste the following entry below it:spanair,spanair,Spanair - Spain,0, 0Save the file, restart RC and the Spanair call sign should appear in the list.

Do you know if there are any other callsigns that are missing that we can add manually?ThanksDaniel

WAT1036.png

Ah, sorry, I've just read your post again and I see you actually asked for "Spainair" not "Spanair"! Now if it was just a typo and you did mean Spanair (or they're the same company) then my original post stands. If you really are looking for the call sign of a company called Spainair then the answer is no, it's not in RC.Incidentally, I've never heard of Spainair or Spain Air - the nearest being the long defunct Air Spain - is it a new start-up airline?PP

Thanks. It was a mis type. I was looking for Spanair. Is there a list of missing call signs or a list of call signs included in some sort of regional order?Also where did you get the entry for 'So wind"?Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>>Thanks. It was a mis type. I was looking for Spanair.<<Okay - problem solved, then.Is there a list of missing call signs or a list of call signs included in some sort of regional order?<<There's no regional list. Probably the best way of finding what's been recorded is to look in your RC4script folder and if there's a txt file in the pilot or controller scripts for the call sign you want, then there will be a corresponding .wav file in the winwood folder.>>Also where did you get the entry for 'So wind"?<<No idea where it came from originally - usually these smaller regional airlines are added by a user request - but it is listed in ICAO Doc8585 so it's correct.Pete

>Did you have any specific call signs in mind, Daniel?>PPNo non in particular, just wondering if there were any missing callsigns i could add so i'd hear ATC talking to them.

WAT1036.png

I'm afraid I don't know of any easy way to cross check what's been recorded against what appears in the RC4 list of airlines which, I guess, is why the missing entries only come to light following queries like Bigmack's. Unless someone on the RC team has a master list, the only way I can think of to do it would be to identify all the call signs in the .txt files in the controller/pilotscripts folders and then check for a corresponding entry in the c4.csv file - not my idea of fun!:(

Pete,I am really confused now.I have RCV4 on my desktop PC and on my laptop PC.On the desktop the file RC4dtac4.csv is to be opened with Internet Explorer (when I try nothing happens, no screen shows the content)On the laptop the same file appears as an Excel spreadsheet.So what do I do in both cases ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Pete,Forget my question. I realized that I can specify which program I may ask to open the file.One more new thing I learned on this forum.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Be careful that you select a text editor and retain text format. An accidental save in a spreadsheet or other program that restructures the file in any manner (different spacing, separation characters, etc.) will corrupt it.If you do wish to modify these data files, they are not too big so make a folder for safe copies so you have one you can revert to. It beats a reinstall.

I'm feeling lucky. Is there a call sign for "Origin Pacific Airways" out of New Zealand??Bill M

Bill McIntyre