Sign in to follow this  
airliner_75

Taxi

Hello,Is there a chance to get RC4 to help out with the taxing to the gate and to the runway. I am new to RC4 and if I'm not misstaklen the RC4 do not give you directions on how to tax to the runway/gate.Sometimes I do not know exactly where the gate is, for instance when landing on a new airport and not having any airport map.And sometimes I do not know exactly how to taxu to the runway for line up either.Thanx in advance and thanx for a great product.I also ask here cause it is an ATC issue allthough for FS2004.Is there anychance of disabling ATC in FS2004. I went to options and unchecked everything under settings there but I still manage to hear ATC in background.Is there a way to disable it once and for all and to 100%.Thank you!Best regards/Artur

turn the atc volume down to nothingtaxiing out, rc will give you a heading and distance to the threshold. you can also pull up an overhead view with the ] key i think. that will help you navigate on the ground.arrival airport, that's a good one. airport diagram or an afcad program or something like flightkeeperflightkeeper would be a good solution overalljd

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

To add to what jd said: I use rw airport diagrams BUT I also use Flightkeeper. Reason is, that it gives you a AFCAD-type drawing of the airport as it is rendered in FS (not the real world necessarily) AND, as a moving map, it shows not only your location on the ground but the traffic parked and taxing around the airport. You can spot the open gates etc. Flightkeeper is one of those programs like RC--once you use it you never stop.

Thank you very much for the help.I will certainly try flightkeeper.Thanx very much.I've been flying now and ATC is long forgotten, gret work from RC.Can't wait until next version with some improvements.!Thank you!

Thanx ..Allthough I do not know if it is done in the real life but I presume that AT-controllers from the tower are giving you information on how to tax, which taxi ways to use. For example taxi to .. 01L via Y U Z ... something like it.I dont think I heard RCv4 telling me that.If it is done in real life I hope you can add it in the v5 of RC.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

ground controllers will give you taxi instructioons, not tower. Default ATC ground did this but this feature was not implemented in RC4. I understand it was just too hard to do. RC4 ATC will make references of taxi ways and locations but these really fictitous and should just be ignored. Effectively, ground in RC4 just acknowledges that you have cleared the runway and tells you to go park UNLESS you have listed a gate you would like in the controller dialogue window. Then it will assign you that spot/gate. Since you already know the gate and location in this case, adding this to the controller window is a little redundant and unnecessary, although I suppose some people just like to hear it spoken. RC4 won't give you the taxi route to the gate tho even in this case. For all important purposes you should just realize that RC4 ATC has no idea where you are on the ground, how you should get from A to B and who else might be around you and taxiing. The exception is that the program knows the direct (GPS) bearing and distance to the runway from your location. You can't steer this normally, but it can tell you whether you should be heading in the current general direction.

Thanx .. It might come in the later versions maybe.Yes, I do assign the gate for my arrival before taing off.Thanx for the reply! :)Cheers/Artur