Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Transponder not recognized

I had a new strange problem today. Flying from Heatrow (EGLL) to Edimbourg RC4 repeately asked for transponder code 2632 (per example). But I was on that code. First I ignored it. But then I changed it and then put it back to 2632. Sitll the controller requested the code 2632. Every 1 or 2 minutes. No way to ask end of IFR. No menu showed that option. I had to stop RCV4 to get rid of the stubborn air controller.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

not sure how that could happen. the chances of picking two random codes, and they being the same is astronomicali'm wondering if you misheard the code? or maybe we have a 2.wav that says 6 or something like thatjd

JD,I did NOT mishear the code. Or misread it on the message screen.This is the first (and hopefully the last) time I got this problem.

Roger

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Roger, did you have the transponder on ALT intead of STBY? I've done that accidentally.

Oh....I think I missed something somewhere.Flying the default Jetlear I only saw one place to enter any value to the transponder. I will check what you said next time I fly. Where and what should I search ?

Roger