Sign in to follow this  
Guest Olle

strange error

Guest Olle

Hi allUsing version 4.2 for the first time I had problems accessing all menu-itmes in the adv-display. Was able to get clearance and wanted to change runway, pressed the corresponding key (think it was "2") and nothing happens. I taxi to the runway I was assigned first and take off. Then on approach to the destination I also want to change runway, this time its the 5-key, pressing that and nothing happens. I land all right and want the critiques, pressing key 2 and nothing happens. Only other possibility is key 3, that exits RC4 ok. Rebooted the computer and tried it again, this time I didnt get any clearance, nothing happens when pressing the "Clearance"-key. Never experienced this in the older versions 4.0 and 4.01. Any ideas??Olle

Guest RickT

Are you running FSUIPC v3.70? And have you removed advdisplay.dll from your modules folder? it is no longer needed.Another thing to check would be the keyboard configuration button. Make sure you have not inadvertantly marked your keys using shift or control and then trying to push just 1 or 2 alone.

Guest Olle

Hi RickThanks for a quick answer. I have FSUIPC v3.70 and I had forgot to remove advdisplay.dll. But now I did remove it, but it doesnt change anything. Tested the same situation and when the option comes to request runway with key 2 nothing happens. Testing all numeric keys it seems that it is 2 and 5 that doesnt give any respons, pressing 1,3,4 gives a quick "N/A" in the display, 6 gives a blink with "standby". 8,9,0 also seems to work. I have checked the keyboard configuration and there was no marks in the wrong places. More ideas?Olle

Guest RickT

Try clicking anywhere on the panel except on top of the Radar Contact display. Flight Simulator may have lost focus.If still not joy look at your Flight Simulator keyboard definitions and see if you inadvertantly assigned 1, 2 etc.

sounds like something else is grabbing 2 and 5 key presses. change them to ctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-5 on the keyboard screen in rc to test this theory.if ctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-5 - find out what add-on is using that keyjd

Guest Olle

Thanks jdctrl-shift-2 and ctrl-shift-5 worked. Now I have to figure out what is grabbing 2 and 5. The only thing that have changed since last time my rc setup worked properly are, besides rc4.2, the new versions of FSUIPC and WideFS (I run rc on a WideFS-setup).Olle