Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Please help, how to spend $50

Guest Lobaeux4

Please help me, the wife has given me $50 to spend for father's day on software of my choice. I've got PSS Airbus, PSS 777 and PIC767, London Airports, FS Mx, FSSE, and FS Meteo. Any ideas on what to get? Too bad Eurowings or PSS Dash 8 aren't out. Please help, it's burning a hole in my pocket!! LOLLobaeux

737-400? Well worth the money :-). Or even their Archer if you're in to general aviation.Also, the Cessna 421 Golden Eagle is currnetly being raved about.You could also have a look at the [link:www.fsd-international.com]FSD planes - they have a good looking Commander and a Cheyenne.Or, even better, as the most expensive is $30 and the rest are under $25,you could get a couple of them, and have even more fun :-).Hope this helps:-)Regards,Dave.

Bill Lyons' Waco. Now you have $37.50 left to spend.

Guest Matt Johnson

You could also download the Rambow/Chaffin R4D NATS from the file library, and donate $5 to MAAM to register it! For such a good aircraft (and a "golden oldie" too, in FS terms), $5 is a steal!--M

Guest Scott Campbell

see sig (not doing a shameless ad or anything). ACLoader is free, so it would be the other thing. ;-)

Keep in mind that they've got a new Gmax version coming out. That's where my money's going.

I would get FSNavigator at http://www.fsnavigator.com/ if you don't already have it. Great piece of software.Regards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

I can highly recommend FSFlightMax. It's an accurate reproduction of the real Avidyne Flightmax 850 - so accurate that they have permission to supply the real Flightmax manuals with their software. It includes moving map (customizable declutter), weather radar, TCAS, and chart display capabilities (sectional and other nav charts are sold separately by a different outfit).It got fantastic reviews here at AVSim and also over at flightsim.com. --Tony

Guest Scott Campbell

A couple other things (as well as RC).The Flight1 Cessna 421C is most excellent!However, I do have to agree that FSNavigator is a MUST HAVE. I wouldn't buy anything until you have this.

FSNavigator and FSMeteo are two programs that you can use with ANY airplane in your inventory. The navigation assistance that FSNav provides is INVALUABLE! The weather generation and ease of use of FSMeteo makes it a must have as well. I never thought I would enjoy real world weather until I tried FSMeteo. Now I NEVER take off without it on. If you don't have them, I would put in a vote for them. Hands down.* For background purposes, I have... PIC767, PSS777, PSS747, DF737, PSS Airbus, et al.

You could just send it to me and then download ALL my freeware. Then I'll have $50.00 to spend! :)Don

Guest Lobaeux4

Well people, thanks for all the help, but I settled on a certain amount of things. 'course I still have $10, LOL.Simflyers KDFW and KLAX: $15.00Gary Summon's Manchester 2002: $15.00PSS 747: $10.00 (wouldn't you know it came out on the day I was making purchases, I know it's 10 pounds, but the wife doesn't know conversion rates, hehe)Now if only Aerosoft would release Eurowings Pro, or PSS would release their Dash 8, I could round out my stable.Thanks for all the advice.Why I didn't pick FS Navigator? I have access to up-to-date charts, plates and pubs, in fact I've got a whole set of world-wide plates on a shelf on my desk. I looked at FS Navigator (albeit briefly) and thought I could get by with the excellent freeware Nav 3.0 and my own charts. Plus, it was $30, I know that's not much, but hey I was on a budget here, lol.Lobaeux