Sign in to follow this  

FS2004

Does anyone know if a next issue of fs2004 will be released, I know fs2002 has just been, but I know if FS2004 will be made it will be much faster and better than FS2002, Cheers David

Guest PaulL01

>Does anyone know if a next issue of fs2004 will be released, >I know fs2002 has just been, but I know if FS2004 will be >made it will be much faster and better than FS2002, >>Cheers David I Just left a message at Bill's and so far he hasn't returned the call, but I am sure if he did he would say "yes! There will be an FS2k4 and you WILL be assimilated...I mean you will like it!" or something like that. :) Right now focus is on CFS3 for release this fall then focus will be on FS2k4. But of course we all know that the FS2k2 scenery SDK will be coming out soon. ;)Take CarePaul

hi can you tell me who is 'Bill'?thx:-wave

>I know if FS2004 will be >made it will be much faster and better than FS2002, >Ok, and how may I ask do you know this :-hmmm :-hmmmMichael J.

To answer your question, Bill is a gentleman in California that owns a small electronics store in Burbank. He started the FS series after fooling around with paper airplanes in his youth. Apparently he got tired of spending his money on paper just to see his precious folded airplanes just nosedive into the asphalt. So he started tinkering around on the computer and eventually came up with the Flight Sim series. He sold his product to Microsoft. MS took the product and ran with it. Allegely after seeing the amount of money MS has made with his product, Bill ran off to the South Pacific or New Zealand and has never been seen again. Other long time FS users will confirm this story for you if you wish. Right guys? :-hah

Eric 

Guest UweR

I can absolutely confirm the story to be true. And doesn

Uwe,Well, I have heard recenlty that Bill Grabowski was holed up in a back room of a deli shop in New York mumbling something about a corrupt file or something like that? :-laugh1P.S. Doubly sorry Bill

Eric 

Michael, One thing it is sure, the weather and other area will be better than fs2k2, cfs3 is a little preview, scenery even better then the actual etc, They have an advantage, they test the engine with cfs3 and improve the engine for fs series. In 2003, 2004, the cpu standard will near 1ghz standard, so I think to run fs2004 will should have an 1.5 ghz or a little more with new graphics card.After cfs3 released in fall, Fs 2004 will be near March 2003 in alpha, after it will be the fanstock still in alpha, after the E3 still in alpha/beta1. Beta's beta 1, 2, 3, or 4 will be in july, august, september after the realease in october, beta 1 & 2 you don't have any detailed scenery implemented and no graphics option etc. Beta's will be in june,july, august, september after the realeasd near october. always the same thing. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

It must be faster and better, if you have the PC for it! The coming version must by then be able to utilize the growing number of SMP PC's?(SMP=Symmetrical Multi Processing, i.e. in practical terms: Dual processor systems.)JTS

Hi Chris !>In 2003, 2004, the cpu standard will near 1ghz standard, so I think >to run fs2004 will should have an 1.5 ghz or a little more with new >graphics card.Well here in Belgium it's already impossible to find a new CPU under 1Ghz ! The standard here right now is about 1.3 Ghz ! So I guess in 2003-2004 it will be around 2.5 Ghz as a standard....just speculating of course !I'd like to see FS become much less CPU dependant and rely more on the GPU, because right now FS2002 only uses a small part of the latest GeForce's resources....I remember when they introduced the Geforce 256 they said that we wouldn't need to change CPU anymore, because all the graphic part would be taken in charge by the GeForce, so only things like AI, physics, etc would be calculated by the CPU.Well I must say that nothing has changed we still buy the fastest CPU's available. And I'm sometimes wondering if it's not intentional by the CPU market to keep the GPU's from developping too quick not to loose too much money ... It seems to me that the GPU developpers (it begins with a N and finihes with vidia) are deliberately slowing down the advances in their domain...I mean I'm sure they have the GeForce10 already designed but they want to make a max of money with the intermediate technologies.Just a thought !

Hi Chris,May I add "and the release of the Scenery SDK for FS2004 in October 2005", just a few minutes before they have to start modifying the files for FS2006 :-).Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest Scott Campbell

Actually, this sounds just like the true story of Bruce Artwick (except he was a toy-store clerk in Des Moines)! :-lol

Guest Scott Campbell

I can't afford the PIII-600 I currently have. If I could afford even a 1 gig I would get one. I think by 2004 I will barely be able to afford rent.What needs to happen is that FS needs to work BETTER on my CURRENT system, and have a hell of a lot better weather.

"I think to run fs2004 will should have an 1.5 ghz or a little more with new graphics card.":-eekConsidering that todays FS2K2 really should have a 3Ghz or better box to allow it to strech its legs, I'd assume FS2K4 really should have a 5Ghz box, not 1.5. :(Just a friendly-like rub on ya, Chris... No harm intended! :-smoochhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif