Sign in to follow this  

FS2004

I'm sure they have the GeForce10 already designed but they want to make a max of money with the intermediate technologies.Uhh... Well the next big thing to come from NVidia (later this year, supposively) won't be called GeForce at all. They are hanging up the name "GeForce" and calling it something different. I forgot what the new name was already. But the NV30 product line will supposively be the greatest contribution to the video card market ever, according to NVidia. It's supposed to leave Geforce cards far behind. And I think the GPU is supposed to have something like 4 times as many transistors as a P4...

Does anyone know if an issue date of fs2006 has been announced? I know fs2004 will be out in Fall '03, but I know if FS2006 will be made it will be much faster and better than FS2004.Besides, I really don't have a life and need to obsess about things which have no real impact on me for years.

I think you're in for disappointment, Scott. I'm positive that each new flight simulator product will put more and more demand on your system. The next release of FS may not even be capable of running on a P3-600. But I'd be pretty surprised if you're still clunking along with that same machine in over a year from now. I'm sure that'd you'd be able to find really cheap computers that are over 1 Ghz over a year from now. Heck, I could build a pretty fast machine right now for under $700. In fact I would have, except for the fact that I just paid $650 for a new digital camera.

Forget that... I'm holding out for FS2008! ;)

FS2016 WILL BE THE GREATEST EVER!!!!!!1

Guest Scott Campbell

Jason,2K2 is somewhat faster and smoother on this system than 2K was, and still with some better detail than 2K - except for 2K add-on scenery which is a dog in 2K2.I'd put together a system for $700, except I prefer to pay rent or eat or pay utilities - whichever seems more important at the moment. Needless to say, power kinda tops the need list. :-lolStill, I have other flight programs that are loaded with graphics and scenery and aircraft and missiles and whatnot, and they fly (so to speak), so there's no excuse for FS not to.However, any kind soul want to donate a 1.2gig system you're not using anymore? ;-)

"Considering that todays FS2K2 really should have a 3Ghz or better box to allow it to strech"I understand but if Ms Remove Feature, it will be a boring sim, so they have added slider for user depends on their system, just remove little things and fs2k2 will run very well on lower/mid system, as for the texture update it's more an programation tech than the cpu. Third party addons have to take care about the performance addons aslo.Fs 2004 is coming :-beerchugThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Scott Campbell

Chris,I have found that the sliders don't do a lot unless everything's set really low (and then I have FS98), so I have to have something to look at.Strangely however, by removing the text things have sped up a bit. Go Figure.

Scott, I my case I remove the reflection/water animation, I get 4 fps and more smooth, ground/aircraft shadow, the crap dynamic object always to off.I set my fps lock to 17 max, all smooth , crisp textureThe Eater performance are:Mesh <-----there is difference between 50% and 75%Autogen.AI ,if set to 100% tnt2 ultra nvmax on a low system,( it is my generic texture but even also it is good for the default texture)

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

OUCH! That one hurt Elrond!By all rights in 2016 we will not need a flight simulator as we will simply be strapping on our anti-gravity suits and not being hearded into these silly things that historians called aeroplanes. ;-)Ray

Thanks for all the comments guys lol, Keep viewing to make it 1000 views Cheers David :)