Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

RCV4 fault

Yes JD,My widow will sue you. At Aberdeen (EGPH) RC tells me to line up for take off on RWY 24. To get there I must get on the RWY at about 2/3 of its length then get at the beginning of rwy 24, make a U turn. While doing the U-turn RC gives authorization to another A/C to line up at rwy 24. Then while the other a/c enters the rw RC tells me to take off. Imagine what happens: BANG ! I am dead. And the other plane also.This requests an urgent update before other people die.If I can finally take off I pass each intersection displayed on the flight plan (I checked this very carefully because it is not the first time I have this error on this flight EGPH to EGAA). But still Ray Proodfoot gives me nasty comments saying that I am straying from the flight plan and sends me on a course to ... where? Nobody tells me which intersection I am supposed to have missed. Once it is the last one, another time I need to go back 2 intersections to get back on course. Boy, I hate you Ray! (virtually of course). And if it is not Ray then it is somebody else with an English accent (can't these Englishmen talk normally like US people ?) I know that this last problem has already been mentioned on the forum.So good luck with my widow !!!! But still RCV4 is a product that I cannot live without.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

did you rebuild the rc scenery database?if you think you can duplicate this (first and second problem), send me a log. how to send me a log is pinned at the top of the forumjd

You will not get credit for a waypoint if previous ATC commands have not been acknowledged.To getting out of going back to passed waypoints type (9) for extended menus, then type (1) Direct-To, then the number of a future waypoint on this list. If you are using an FMC or GPS guidance coupled to the autopilot advance either to the chosen waypoint by the method required for each type and apply a direct to procedure.The RC display window will show your next waypoint and heading to it. As long as RC is not waithing for a response from you that should "pop" when you cross that waypoint. If your hands are busy and comm becomes an overload check out the manual regarding handing comms over to your friendly co-pilot, Otto.Please post the version of FSUIPC you are using. Be sure in the RC options menu Interact with AI is checked. Try 3.70.

Hi Roger,My virtual lawyers will be in touch :-lolWe had a similar report of an aircraft encroaching onto the runway when the pilot had been given clearance to line up and wait. It was also on a runway that involved backracking. Southampton, England I believe.The reason it happened then was that the Ai aircraft ventured off the runway onto the grass whilst turning at the end of the runway. Are you sure you never left the runway? If you did then RC would detect it and probably treat you as not being on the active and would therefore order the next aircraft to line up.Check that the AFCAD for EGPH has a turning circle that ensures the aircraft will not leave the active. If you are in doubt attach it to your message and we'll take a look. I have tested backtracking and RC4 works correctly providing you (or another aircraft ahead of you) doesn't leave the runway.Your other point about missing waypoints have been covered by JD and Ron.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,You have a point there. At the end (or beginning) of RWY 24 there is a hard surface platform to help the U-turns. I went on it leaving the surface of the rwy. That was just before the AI started to enter the rwy. Next time (very soon as I do the same flight until it is perfect)I will do the U-turn as not to leave the rwy surface. There are enough planes taking off to be able to reproduce the situation.RogerP.S. Thank you for your help. My widow will hold her lawyer

Roger

Ronnie,I have the last FSUIPC (3.7) two days after it came out end of July.But you have made me remember that the next ckpt or intersection is displayed on the RC window. I forgot that. Next flight (I repeat the flight until it is O.K. - I also use FlightKeeper) I will keep an eye on it and see what it does. I will also try option 9 which I was not aware of (or forgot).From the top of my head I think that the Interact with AC is checked as for all other AI events the RC controller does interact.Thank you.

Roger

jd,I don't remember if I rebuilded it. I get sometimes confused between RCV4 and FlightKeeper. I know I did rebuild it for FSKP.I will keep a log.

Roger

Hi Roger,It's okay for you to leave the runway surface. Clearly you need to perform a 180 to turn the aircraft around for take-off. What I meant to explain was you must't leave the paved parts - runway and taxiways.The Ai aircraft involved in the other incident had ventured onto the grass because the AFCAD didn't have enough taxi points (I forget the official term) for the aircraft to stay off the grass. The moment he did RC detected he wasn't on the runway or taxiway and promptly cleared the next aircraft to line up and wait.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

EGPH does not have any taxi links in the turn around sections. It probably would be best to add these types as described in AFCAD since a surface is already present and you do not want lights or lines painted:Apron TaxiwaysThese are made up of a special type of taxi link, shown in green. Apron taxiways have no surface of their own but can have markings and lighting. They are intended to go over apron surfaces.

I've created a turning circle at the end of 24 at EGPH. The BGL is attached for Roger and anyone who wants to replace their existing one. Remember to rename or remove any EGPH BGL from Addon SceneryScenery or you will get a conflict.I've watched a few aircraft taxi to the end and they turn around and line up without getting close to the grass. This should resolve any RC4 issues but I'd appreciate hearing if they do.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi i use rc4 and i fly out of egph all the time, i have ian gallachers extended taxiways installed,{im not sure if i got them from avsim) and havent had any of the problems mentioned, i use the pmdg 737 and flightplans built using fsbuild which i load into the fmc. jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

it's not so much about leaving the runway surface, but the borders of the runway. if the runway is 200 feet wide, and you are 105 feet from the centerline, i think you're off the runwayjd

JD,So how do we cope with aircraft performing 180's at a runway end to line up? There appears to be a danger RC4 will consider them off runway.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey jd !Where is the realism with that solution ?Meanwhile I have rerun the flight but as there was no crowd to take off at that moment I could not reproduce the problem.Nor did Ray (!!!!) told me a missed a checkpoint or intersection point.So I will do another flight today with the log.

Roger