Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Is this is a good idea?

I am just musing..if this is even a good idea.I was thinking that RC needs be a module within FS. so 1. when I start FSim, RC is also loaded. 2. With a key stroke with FSim, I should load the RC Flight plan and start RC ..all within FS9.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny,A lovely idea but impossible with Visual Basic, the software JD currently uses. To run as a module in FS it would have to be written using C+ or C++ - a horrendously complicated language to produce a DLL file.I'm sure JD can give you more reasons why it isn't possible.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Some people prefer to use applications for reporting and purposes that do not require starting FS.If you look at the RC 4 controller window after loading a plan there might be useful info in it. Version 5 will have more useful info :) .

Just curious...Couldn't you use a C++ written module to trigger a call to VB? Kind of an API.Where I am going with this...is if MS Provides for API's to AI and other goodies, how best for VC to tighly couple with Fsim. From reading ACES team's posts, they may not make improvements to ATC. RC is good from a functional/ATC Feature wise. Once the ground comm is added, it would be fabulous...But I was just thinking, how to bring it into FSim. IF RC was a performance hog, I would have wanted it running on a seperate machine. But its really not, hence why not bring it in...Oh well..Manny

Manny

Sure.. I wouln't want to lose that functionality of loading it by itself either.I would prefer having both.:)Manny

Manny

Manny,If I understand correctly what you are proposing, I can tell you that I don't like the idea. First I use RC on a client machine (WideFS).Second now I can load RCV4 by itself to check options without starting FS9.Would that still be possible if it is loaded from FS9 ?Already now I hate the idea of starting FS9 just to get into FSNavigator.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Well.. then we need both.:)Well..I was thinking more like ability to "trigger load" and start RC without leaving FS window. It does not mean, we need to restrict it to starting from FS9 only.Take Active Sky. In the case of active sky, I don't care for this coupling with fs9 option because, once I start active sky.. its there.. just sitting. I can get out fs9 and come back in... no problem. I don't have to mess with AS6 at all. Behind the scene it has coupled itself with FS9.I basically want Radar contact just sitting there. I can move the window to my second monitor and it can remain there for eternity like AS.BTW.. I have a dedicated machine for flight sim.Manny

Manny

I don't really like modules myself. FSNav is a program I'd love if it ran outside of FS, so I could use the map feature seperately.I'm fine with RC the way it is, because all I do is load everything up and Alt-Tab out to hit the green button and go back into the sim, that's it.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

IF you get out of FS9 and comeback in... Do you also have to exit out of RC and load it again.. or can you leave the RC as is..and simply load a new flight plan and click on that "radar" icon?I felt I had to do that..... for a clean start?Manny

Manny

when you land and get your critique, rc ends.you have to start rc again for the next flightjd