Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Confusion

For the second time, on starting my flight, Radar Contact 4 has gave me a heading that sends me back to where I started, in the mean time I have been given criticism for veering away from my flight plan that I have been diligently following?After turning 180 degrees at my start point (KSEA) I have then been given a different heading to fly that put me way to the left of (CYVR) my destination.Turning eventually towards where I would be landing RC told me to maintain FL 200 even though I only had ten miles to run?The aircraft was the PMDG 747F.I had to finish my flight without the program, reminds me a bit of the FS9 ATC.The immersion factor is great with the added ATC Chatter but, can anyone explain this problem for what is a good program?

Dave Taylor gb.png

sounds like you are missing a checkpoint. you must pass within 2 miles of each checkpoint in a departure procedure, within 5 miles of each enroute checkpoint.the first line of the rc display shows which checkpoint rc thinks you should be flying too, and how far away it is, and the heading to fly to that checkpoint.are these departure procedures you're haveing problems with? or enroute checkpoints being missed?and are you using rc 4.2?jd

>are these departure procedures you're haveing problems with?>or enroute checkpoints being missed?>>and are you using rc 4.2?>>jdHi JD,No problems with departure or checkpoints and yes, I am using 4.2.

Dave Taylor gb.png

if you're being told to fly 180 degrees back to a checkpoint, you're missing a checkpointjd