Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Been away for a while - need to catch up...

Hi guys - I have been away for a while and after coming back I've been having some problems. I know there were some updates to FSUIPC (I do have the latest) and to RC itself which I don't have, so that may be my problem. Here is the problem, I always have the co-pilot handle my comms, for the most part on arrival and departure I can hear the full message from the controllers, for some reason sometimes in cruise I'll only hear partial messages like this "2 2 1 1 4 7 5" , then my copilot will respond with something like "contact gander oceanic on 114.75". As I said this doesn't happen in the departure or arrival phases of the flight, usually only in cruise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Richard

Richard,Hmmm, tricky one. I suggest you update to 4.2 and FSUIPC v3.70 unless by "latest" you mean 3.70 ;-)If the problem persists switch off the co-pilot and handle the acking yourself. Does the problem go away?Do you have a separate sound card or onboard sound?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi there Ray,I'll try your suggestion with switching off the co-pilot and see. I do have FSUIPC 3.70, and I have an Audigy 2 zs soundcard. 1gig RAM, 3.6Ghz Intel chip. I'll report back and let you know what I find out. thanks!!!

Guest lvp0412

While we're on the subject of sound...Which volume slider controls the volume of the ATC radio traffic. I installed new AirBus 319 sound files, which are fantastic, but the new cockpit sound makes it hard to hear the controllers. Some have (kind of) soft voices.LVP (KCVG)

Hi there,You cannot control the volume of the RC controllers I'm afraid, so what you need to do is turn down the volume of the cockpit sounds (which can be done in the sound options within FS).All the best,John

Hi JD,I checked my winwood files yesterday, and lo and behold in winwood 1 thru 25 I have 1906 files (i think or 1907) and then winwood 26 has 1 extra file, and 27 thru 32 have either only 1 or 2 files. Not sure what I did wrong to get this. What's the easiest way to correct this assuming this is the problem. thanks again for the help!!richard

1 or 2 in a directory is normal.sounds like you have all the files. see what your test that ray suggested turns upjd