Sign in to follow this  
Bray

RC4

Is there a demo version and also does RC provide progressive taxi?Did not see that in the features etcThanksBill

no demo version, sorryno progressive taxi, maybe in v5but a whole lot more stuff is there :-)jd

Guest RickT

Hi Bill,I'm sorry RCv4 does not have a demo version available. The progressive taxi routine has been added to our wish list. Let us know if you have any futher questions.

So would I use FS for the progressive going to unfamiliar airports or is that deactivated by RCThanks for the prompt replies. Appreciate it and also the wish list :-)

Because Progressive taxi is activated using the MSATC (which you have to turn off to effectively use RC4) it's not possible to use it unless you want to confuse things and have both ATC windows open. Far better to get yourself the correct charts as rw pilots do, and follow that. :)

>Because Progressive taxi is activated using the MSATC (which>you have to turn off to effectively use RC4) it's not possible>to use it unless you want to confuse things and have both ATC>windows open. Far better to get yourself the correct charts>as rw pilots do, and follow that. :)Well as an inactive real world pilot myself we all know getting charts and taxiing in FS isnt the easiest thing in the world, so I will put RC on the back burner if and when such a feature is added. ThanksBill

Bill,A growing number of the RC beta team are using FS FlightKeeper. It reads all your BGLs and creates highly detailed airport layouts which show all parking gates, taxiways and runways.But that is not its only feature. It is the best flight tracking program available (IMHO) and records all elements of your flight from pushback to parking giving you a critique at flight end.It is an enormous help when visiting unfamiliar airports and negates the need for any paper charts. And the beauty is that because it reads the BGLs the map will always match your scenery.Here's the website... www.molitor-home.de/fs/FLKeeper/default.aspI have no affiliation to this product, I'm just a very happy user of it.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Bill, I really wouldn't let taxiing difficulties get in your way. I used to hate taxiing, too, and couldn't survive without the FS progressive taxi, but now it's no problem.Here's what I do - maybe some of these will be new to you:* Open a top-down viewIf you open an additional window, (the [ key), and switch it to a top-down view (Ctrl+S) you can't get lost. Just zoom in or out (+/-)to get the level of detail you need.* I'm not sure why you feel it's difficult to find charts. Take a look at http://www.vatsim.net/prc/ which offers a Chart Center that leads you to charts for most countries of the world.* Get the full version of FSUIPCIf you're having problems steering the nosewheel using a joystick, the full FSUIPC has an advanced setup facility for finely tuning your joystick movement. I used to fight to stay on the taxiway and now I can just leave the aircraft to follow a straight line.* Taxi in daylightIf you're struggling with taxxing in the dark, you could cheat a little and change the FS time so you have daylight.Sorry if you already knew most of this - I couldn't judge how far advanced you were. I hope this helps.RegardsGeoff

Geoffrey Kent

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, BillI think that the only very very very minor in RC is the end phase (when you landed and get off the runway and there are two options - Flight Critique // a terrific avaliation, OR End RC). Until the RC people makes this a MUST HAVE what I sugest you is:1) You create a flightplan using one of these programs (I use FSNav4.70) - many prefer FSBuild. You can choose if you want to depart from a gate...2) You export this flight plan to FS (not to RC)3) After opening it, you then open RC. RC by default uses keyboards number 1 to 0 (the same with FS). So you put your Nav radio to 2 - you won't listen anymore to FS radio chat.4) You fly all the way with RC.5) When you land and close RC, you can then use FS own's ATC.BUT...You have to configure your keys to accept FS ATC:What I learnt and really helped a lot:You need to go FS/alt/modules/fsuipc and then press keys presses (2nd top button from left) and then prog which key you want assigned, pressing first the SET and in the blank space immediately above press the key you want to use - I use ctrl+1, ctrl+2... AND below you can get the ATC menu 1, ATC menu 2...What does it imply?You can use RC from start to almost the end (when you leave the runway you landed) and then use FS ATC to the gates/ parking...Just a note:RC is so terrific that I've never, ever, did a flight without it.Eduardo

Just a quick note about my append above because some of the characters were corrupted.In case you didn't know, to open a new window you press the left bracket key, not the left arrow as it appears above.The other formatting problems you'll have already figured out for yourself.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

>Just a quick note about my append above because some of the>characters were corrupted.>In case you didn't know, to open a new window you press the>left bracket key, not the left arrow as it appears above.>The other formatting problems you'll have already figured out>for yourself.>GeoffI knew what you meant :-)ThanksBill

Thanks Eduardo,I must tell you I have become somewhat lazy in my flying days :-) I would really like an operation that does not require all those extra steps and addons. I think I will wait for version 5 and see if it will offer a more workable solutionThanks for the time taken to outline your procedureBill

Bill,But if v5 told you to "taxi to the Rwy 24 holding point via taxiways Alpha One and Juliet Two" it would be a huge step forward in realism but you'd still struggle to find that route.This is why having a map is required. It happens in the real world so if we're to emulate that you would also need a separate source of airport info. FSNav, overhead FS view or FSFK are viable solutions. The alternative is to use airports you are totally familiar with but I suspect you'd soon get bored :-(I don't recall seeing a luminous pink line being displayed in front of a taxiing 737 at Manchester recently ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Bill,>>But if v5 told you to "taxi to the Rwy 24 holding point via>taxiways Alpha One and Juliet Two" it would be a huge step>forward in realism but you'd still struggle to find that>route.>>This is why having a map is required. It happens in the real>world so if we're to emulate that you would also need a>separate source of airport info. FSNav, overhead FS view or>FSFK are viable solutions. The alternative is to use airports>you are totally familiar with but I suspect you'd soon get>bored :-(>>I don't recall seeing a luminous pink line being displayed in>front of a taxiing 737 at Manchester recently ;-)>>Cheers,I know we dont have that pink line in real life, but it certainly helps in our environment. :-) I have not flown in real life for a long time but when I did and requested progressive from ground/twr I got real good directions from them.I will be looking at this quite seriously as my next purchase, so we will seeThanks againBill