Sign in to follow this  
Guest jps611

RC4 is Choppy

Guest jps611

This is driving me crazy. The responses in RC4 are very choppy. A word os spoken, then there is pause, then another word, then a pause and so on. There is no smooth flow of communication.What is causing this?I may have to go back to the default ATC.JPS

what version of rc are you running? it should be 4.2on the voices page, is the slider for speed all the way to the right or the left? if it is all the way to the right, you have made the longest delay possible between phrasesall the way to the left, which is the minimum delay between phrases, is the correct settingjd

Guest jps611

>what version of rc are you running? it should be 4.2>>on the voices page, is the slider for speed all the way to the>right or the left? if it is all the way to the right, you have>made the longest delay possible between phrases>>all the way to the left, which is the minimum delay between>phrases, is the correct setting>>jdRunning 4.01. Tried 4.2, delay was even worse. All sliders are to the left.Must be something sporadic. I did another flight and while the delay was not as bad, there was still an irratating delay.Delay seems to only occurs when airborne. Not too bad while on the ground.

Guest jps611

>get 4.2, and then we'll get it workingI have tried 4.2 and it is totally unusable. RC delay time is very, very , very loooong. Controllers and pilot take forever to respond and speech pattern is choppy. They speak one word at a time, pausing very long between each word.I am trying to use 4.1, but it is a struggle.Like I said, the problem is more noticeable in the air. On the ground, it is ok.RC4 is about to be removed from my harddrive. Sorry.JPS

if you have read any posts on the forum, you will see that 4.2 is a huge improvement than 4.0 or 4.01i suspect that you have the delay slider in the wrong position in 4.2 when you had 4.2 installed.getting back to 4.2, we can fix the problemjd

>RC4 is about to be removed from my harddrive. Sorry.>>JPSCome on JPS give jd a chance and I guarantee that he'll fix the problem! No one else has this issue so it is clearly fixable!Iain Smith

JPS,Are you running on the same PC as FS2004 or are you using WideFS? If WideFS, are you running a wireless connection to the RC machine? If wireless, are you getting a good connection/signal when you are experiencing problems? I ask these questions because, I am running RC4 via WideFS using a wireless connection and the only time that I have had any type of issue it was caused by my wireless connection having problems.Also are you running with debug turned on or off?

Guest aaxell

I run it all on the same PC and I must say that the responses are somewhat slow... The default ATC (especially with the speedup utility - don't remember its name) sounded more realistic sometimes.Do the response and speech generation speed depend on the PC configuration? Maybe it's time for me to upgrade?

using 4.2?where are the sliders on the voices, to the left, or to the right?faster is always better ;-)jd

Guest aaxell

It is 4.2.3831. The sliders are to its fastest - to the left. And still I'd prefer speaking them faster! It's like there's a full stop after every word.

Guest aaxell

Another thing I noticed: in FS ATC there is some chatter and noise on the background of messages, which makes them sound more realistic. In RC, however, all generated messages have no background noises and sound like they were pronounced and recorded in a studio and not in the planes or ATC towers.Not a big deal but would be a nice improvement for v.5

true, and then the next person will say i can't understand what you're saying because of all the background noise. no winthe controllers and chatter pilots are purposefully "radio-ized" since you are hearing them over the radiothe pilot's voice, since it is yours, is clear, since you can hear what you are saying without the radio.you could also turn up the sound on the fs options, if you wantjd

Guest aaxell

Nice - didn't notice the difference between mine and others' voices!But this doesn't speed them up...