Sign in to follow this  
Guest mstoolsmith

Will not create .rcd file.

Guest mstoolsmith

I have had a problem saving a .rcd file. I am running RC v.2.3831, fsuipc 3.70 registered, (multi line checked).AdvDsp deleted from FS Modules File.As an example I'll fly the KBNA-KMEM Tutorial. No problem. The New fsuipc window opens and displays way points etc. as it should.FS is running (NOT PAUSED)I'll press ALT; and the flight saves in My DocumentsFligt Simulator Files as:C;210-23169-v4 2 KBNA-KMEM...C:210-23169-v4 2 KBNA-KMEM...Then quit RC.I'll then restart RC.Click on the .Flt.Wx Path Box.Click on the previously saved .rcd box.Open My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files window, select210-23169-v4 2 KBNA_KMEM.Click open.I get a window reading:C;210-23169-v4 2 KBNA-KMEM-6$1.Flt not found.If I go to my FS saved files I can click on the above saved file and FS starts and resumes the flight from the exact spot I saved it,butthere is NO (fsuipc)ATC window or ATC sound. I do get aircraft sound.Clicking on the Modules box only displays the fsuipc data document showing multi line clicked, and that it is registered to me.Am I doing something wrong trying to save a .rcd file? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Guest mstoolsmith

Sorry; Typo on my Part. It should read CRTL; and NOT ALT;Mike

alt-; or ctrl-; does nothing for me. ctrl-shift-; tells rc to save a .rcd and .flt and .wxwhy are you click ing on the .flt/.wx button?if you want to load a .rcd, you need to click on the "load previously save (.rcd)" button.let me know if that helps, or you still have questionsjd

Guest mstoolsmith

CTR-Shft-; seems to work. Thank you for youe help. Mike

Guest cirurgiao

MikeYou can change the keys designed to control RC to best use.Just open RC, then click on keyboard, then modify all commands you which according your needs.Just to make things different I use ctrl+S to save in RC's mode (which I'll need to load using RC's previously saved flights) or ctrl+shift+S to save the same flight in FS's way that I can name it according my need (like Rwy16L with winds 210-5). In this way you have to open RC and get the saved flight in Load FS200x...You can modify every command to turn things easier.CheersEduardo

I had the same issue as the user above. The manual states press ";" only. What is the difference between ";" and "Ctrl shfit ;"Thanks,GReg

Greg Clark

; is the default "save a flight" in FS. when you save a flight in FS, you get to name it whatever you want. that's why we use it in the manualctrl-shift-; is a rc key, that saves a flight, and a .rcd without having to specify a file name and description. since it is based on month, day, year, time of day, we don't use it in the manualjd

Thanks jd. When I try to reload the .rcd file from radar contact, It says the .flt file with the same name cannot be found. I aaved it using ";".What am I doing wrong?Greg

Greg Clark

the funny looking named file ending in .rcd must have a corresponding .flt and .wx with the name.did you click the .flt/.wx button, and specify where i should look for .flt/.wx/.rcd files?all three need to be in the same directoryjd