Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Vancouver Intl runways listed incorrectly

I was recently cleared via Radar Contact to runway 06R. It does not exist.These are the runways at Vancounver Intl BC:Airfield Data: 3 Runways, Fire Category 9 Emergency Services: 1 Rapid Intervention Vehicle & 3 Foam TrucksAirfield Restrictions: NoneNoise Restrictions: Stage II aircraft restrictions 00:00-07:00 unless ops. prior approvalAircraft Maintenance: Yes Runway 1: Heading 08/26, 3,354m (11,003ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E, Aircraft size max: B747-400, ILS CAT III, Lighting: HI Approach, HI Rwy Edge, PAPI Runway 2: Heading 12/30, 2,225m (7,299ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E Runway 3: Heading 26/08, 3,030m (9,940ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E, Aircraft size max: B747-400 Where would the discrepancy come from?Thanks,GReg

Greg Clark

Hi Greg,Is this using the default Vancouver scenery or a 3rd party addon? If the latter have you rebuild the Scenery database? That reads all the runway information from the BGLs in FS9 ensuring RC4 uses correct runway identifiers.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Albion

>Hi Greg,>>Is this using the default Vancouver scenery or a 3rd party>addon? If the latter have you rebuild the Scenery database?>That reads all the runway information from the BGLs in FS9>ensuring RC4 uses correct runway identifiers.>>Cheers,Hi Ray, Does it matter where the BGLs are? Most of mine are in Add On Scenery/Scenery but some are in Add On Scenery/XYZ airport folders.I presume RC4 checks all files

Hi Albion,RC calls the MakeRunways program that was provided by Pete Dowson. Here's a reply from Pete to a question on his forum...it scans those sceneries marked as active in your SCENERY.CFG file.So yes, any scenery you install should be scanned wherever it resides.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Also make sure using AFCAD that only one besides stock is listed on the airport search results.If not, then look at each one and get the full filename from the title bar. Within AFCAD 2.21 (for FS9) there is a lists menu feature and you can pick runways to let the list for that .bgl file. If you find an extra (more than stock) afcad .bgl with the wrong runway list, locate the file and rename it. FS will on startup reindex your scenery files.AFCAD 2.21 is freeware and in the utilities section of the AVSIM library.