Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Vancouver Intl runways listed incorrectly

I was recently cleared via Radar Contact to runway 06R. It does not exist.These are the runways at Vancounver Intl BC:Airfield Data: 3 Runways, Fire Category 9 Emergency Services: 1 Rapid Intervention Vehicle & 3 Foam TrucksAirfield Restrictions: NoneNoise Restrictions: Stage II aircraft restrictions 00:00-07:00 unless ops. prior approvalAircraft Maintenance: Yes Runway 1: Heading 08/26, 3,354m (11,003ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E, Aircraft size max: B747-400, ILS CAT III, Lighting: HI Approach, HI Rwy Edge, PAPI Runway 2: Heading 12/30, 2,225m (7,299ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E Runway 3: Heading 26/08, 3,030m (9,940ft), PLR 12, ICAO Cat. E, Aircraft size max: B747-400 Where would the discrepancy come from?Thanks,GReg

Greg Clark

Hi Greg,Is this using the default Vancouver scenery or a 3rd party addon? If the latter have you rebuild the Scenery database? That reads all the runway information from the BGLs in FS9 ensuring RC4 uses correct runway identifiers.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Albion

>Hi Greg,>>Is this using the default Vancouver scenery or a 3rd party>addon? If the latter have you rebuild the Scenery database?>That reads all the runway information from the BGLs in FS9>ensuring RC4 uses correct runway identifiers.>>Cheers,Hi Ray, Does it matter where the BGLs are? Most of mine are in Add On Scenery/Scenery but some are in Add On Scenery/XYZ airport folders.I presume RC4 checks all files

Hi Albion,RC calls the MakeRunways program that was provided by Pete Dowson. Here's a reply from Pete to a question on his forum...it scans those sceneries marked as active in your SCENERY.CFG file.So yes, any scenery you install should be scanned wherever it resides.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Also make sure using AFCAD that only one besides stock is listed on the airport search results.If not, then look at each one and get the full filename from the title bar. Within AFCAD 2.21 (for FS9) there is a lists menu feature and you can pick runways to let the list for that .bgl file. If you find an extra (more than stock) afcad .bgl with the wrong runway list, locate the file and rename it. FS will on startup reindex your scenery files.AFCAD 2.21 is freeware and in the utilities section of the AVSIM library.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team