Sign in to follow this  
Guest RollsRoyce

AI traffic holding but not moving and then disappearing!

Guest RollsRoyce

Hi all,I have a big problem with RC and AI. It seems that AI traffic will line up on the runway and other AI will hold as usual, then there is no movement and one by one the AI traffic disappear every 5 minutes or so. RC will keep interacting with landing traffic but departure traffic is frozen on hold. This means I'll wait in line forever and not be able to takeoff at all. Any input on why this happens?I have RC4 and latest updates, FSUIPC v3.70 and Ultimate Traffic.Bilal

RC does not control AI separation except when you are on final approach. There is a freeware product called AI Smooth that will space out aircraft landing at an airport that you may wish to check out. This will allow AI queued for take-off to squeeze in between landing AI, as well as yourself.It is normal in FS9 for AI to disappear if "stuck" as a work around for defects in an AFCAD or AI design, or the situation you are describing. You also have the option (for now) to reduce the traffic density in the FS settings to avoid string of pearls approach situations.Seach this forum for AI Smooth and AISmooth for comments. I am not where I can get the link for you right now. 1.12 is the current version I believe. If you have the payware package Traffic 2005 it is included.

Guest RollsRoyce

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. However, I don't think I've described the problem accurately.Landing traffic is not affected as RC interacts normally and requests go-arounds as usual. I know of AISmooth and don't think it can affect departures. My problem is with departing traffic. It seems there is an endless queue of departing traffic and over the com frequencies there is absolutely no request by RC controllers to the AI to take-off. This means, one AI will be lined up on the runway and after each 5 minute intervals, aircraft holding in line will vanish. This is the only way I can move up in the queue. The other way is to turn off crash settings and taxi to the rwy as if AI weren't there. THEN RC DOES recognise me and tells me to line up and wait and then depart as usual.This is the kind of behaviour I am looking to address as believe it was not present before the 4.1/4.2 updates. In fact, AI was taking off freely and it was quite realistic to be lined up behind a row of various AI all taking off as usual with RC clearance. I have done the advised actions and rebuilding the scenery db doesn't help. I wish to use maximum traffic and I believe RC used to work perfectly before the updates.Bilal

I'm not sure if RC 'listens' to the AFCAD runway parameters but at multi runway airports you can make one runway available for takeoffs only and another available for landings only. At an airport like O'Hare, when it gets seriously busy you can end up number 14 or more for takeoff. I have tweaked my KORD AFCAD to allow for Departure only and Arrival only runways, it SEEMS to work but JD could confirm if it has any effect.Also, I THINK RC handles parallel approaches, I've been vectored onto final at KSFO in formation with other aircraft on the neighbouring runway. I'm not sure how the logic behind using two runways at the same time works, but again, one of the dev team could offer more details.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

do you have third party scenery for the airport in question?does it happen at every airport?i asked you, but did not see a reply, did you rebuild the rc scenery databaseare you running fsuipc 3.70if you can duplicate the problem, create a log of the problem, following the directions pinned at the top of the forumjd

There is a utility in the library that sets the time when a AI plane gives up and dissapears.. dunno the nameJohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE

AITP v1.0 BETA for FlightSimulator 9.1Thats it..File Description:Finally a utility to change the "5 minute rule" for AI aircraft timeouts. AI Timout Patcher contains 21 preset values for AI timeouts, between 5 and 17 minutes, at roughly 30 second intervals. All in one easy to use program, which also backs up your original files, and writes 0 registry keys or start menu items for those who despise that sort of thing. Fully functional uninstaller which restores your old files is also included. More features to be added in future versions. Please do not use this if you do not have installed the FS9.1 patch, although this can be used in conjunction with a NO-CD patch too. (FS9.0 Support on the way) Visit our support forum for any support you might need for the program. Merry Christmas from all of us at JBAI Simulations (http://jbai-aircraft.com)JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE