Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Okay guys, your HONEST opinion please?

Guest Heather 636

This is my first attempt at repainting (actually my second as I had done one once before back when I had FS2000). This is a repaint of Jan Visser's FS2000 DC-3, formerly of DC-Airways Livery.I learned a valuable lesson in thinking that I would knock this out in an afternoon. Ha!! This is WORK!! Took days and I lost count of the hours.My one snag was getting the windows clear again and for that I am very grateful to "Lou", aka: "Firestriker" for doing that format conversion for me.A few more little things and it will be done; a woman pilot for one.Don't quit my day-job; right?It's not GMAX but hey guys, it's my first serious try, so take it easy on me. As much as I fly DC-3's, I figured I needed one in my own livery.When I win the lotto, there'll be a real one with same paint job down at the county airport. One can dream anyway.[http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/ph/pharoah42/SCRN1.JPG][http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/ph/pharoah42/SCRN2.JPG]The girl on the plane, by Vargas[http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/ph/pharoah42/VargasFEMAIL.jpg]If anyone is interested, I may upload these textures to AVSIM but I'll have to check for permission first from Bill Rambow, Roy Chaffin, or Jan Visser to make sure I'm not stepping on any one's toes.If so, this would be my first contribution to the community and I'm not sure of the legalities.Cheers!!Heather

Guest Lindy

Well, Heather....I'm no expert (not a 'guy' either) but it looks pretty darn good to me. :-cool-Lindy :-beerchug

Guest SD Sim

Hi Heather, I think it looks great. Sorry for being a pig :-bla, but how can you go wrong with the Vargas girl? How long did it take you to learn how to paint? Where did you go to find info about painting? I would like to take on my own project someday.

Guest Heather 636

Thanks for the "Thumbs Up" Lindy and SD.There's so many REALLY good repaints here that I feared that I may have just been spiting into the wind to try one myself.I didn't go anywhere really to "learn" SD. Just jumped into the project using an old graphics program that came free with a printer I bought 5 years ago called IPPLUS.Along with that, I used SXTBmp downloaded from AVSIM that converts the various texture formats to a form that you can work with, in this case, all bitmap, and then converted back to "Extended" files again.I really am still a rank amateur at this and don't know what half these guys are talking about when they start getting into Alpha files and all that stuff. It's a lot more fun just flying them! ;)Cheers!Heather

Heather,Do you really want my honest opinion? Are you really sure?Well here it goes. It is AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL!!!!You have the makings of a great artist. Keep it up, it is nice to see the female talent coming alive and welcome to the hobby.Brent H/PF

Heather,I think it looks great. Looks like you have spent a great deal of time putting this paint job together. One thing of note, is the last "r" in Charter, looks like it got chopped off. Wish I had the time to devote to a project of this type, yet if I did, I'd never fly again! LOL!Great job!! Congrats on completing it!Jay

Honest opinion?Looks pretty darn good! Looking forward to downloading.Keep up the good work.Cheers,Doug Dawson

Guest Scott Campbell

Heather,Very lovely. Really beautiful job. You sure you don't want to call yourself "Air Heather"? :-lol

Hi Heather,If this is your first, how magnificient will be your third then? I collect DC-3 paintings and I surely want to download this beauty or these beauties :-)!hm (a DC3 lover)

HI Heather,Well at least i can now spend more time on the beach :)Because once you start uploading your repaints I shall be a real ameteur .Now where did I put that sun oil.................Anniette xxxxxxxxx

Guest Scott Campbell

Anniette,If you'd like to take a laptop along with you to the beach, you can spend time doing some recordings for Radar Contact should you wish to do so. ;-)Just a thought. ;-)(edited for spelling. Who says "do" is easy?)

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Jay for pointing that "r" out. Even though I was aware of a problem of this graphics program doing that if you didn't add a space to the end, you can still miss details. Was too occupied looking for what wasn't obvious.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

Good day!And thanks everyone for the vote of confidence. By the time I was finished with this, I was pretty convinced it would be my last; however, your votes of confidence has made me think that perhaps after my eyes recuperate from this one . . . well, who knows. I'm always telling others, "Never say never."Scott, this is one of those "loose ends" I had mentioned in email. I'll be getting on to those voice recordings now and I also have my best friend who said she's do them too. Give us a little time here and hopefully you'll be getting two sets from this end.Anniette! An amateur? You? I've downloaded many of your repaints. They're beautiful work. Hardly amateurish.And again, thanks to all of you for the kind words. Now, if you can point me in the direction of "Understanding and Working with Alpha Files for Dummies."Cheers!Heather

Guest Scott Campbell

Heather,Scott, this is one of those "loose ends" I had mentioned in email. I'll be getting on to those voice recordings now and I also have my best friend who said she's do them too. Give us a little time here and hopefully you'll be getting two sets from this end.Sounds great. Thanks. We are now at the point where the old files won't work, and we need to replace our co-pilot. So I'm greatly looking forward to the files from both of you. emmm...No hurry. ;-)Now, if you can point me in the direction of "Understanding and Working with Alpha Files for Dummies."I think Alpha's files are very easy to work with. ;-) Sorry, I couldn't resist.