Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

First RC Flight.... and some questions....

Took my very first flight today using RC and I must say I am quite impressed. I may have made some errors or am unclear on a couple of things:1. I set up the text window exactly per the instructions, docked the window, sized it, etc. but the RC text still shows up in a seperate FS9 ATC box and doesn't show anything in the RC text box. I re-read the instructions but don't see what the cause for that is.2. I'm getting chatter and communications from the stock FS9 ATC as well as RC. Am I supposed to be getting both? I checked and unchecked boxes as instructed, I'm pretty sure.3. When I landed at KDFW, I accidently hit the 'ground' freq before exiting the runway. It didn't like that. I was not given an option for a particular gate. It just told me to "taxi to the ramp" or something like that. I understand I should get a gate option. Was it because I went out of sequence?None of these are really big deals but I'd like to get them right.And thanks to those of you who recommended. Best $44 I ever spent!

Guest cirurgiao

Hi1) In FS/Alt/Modules/FSUIPC check the ... multiline option only2) Go to RadioNav 1 and turn it off changing it to RadioNav2 (the chatter will disappear without prejudice of RC.When you install RC you lose FS 0-9 keyboard numbers. You will need to do a bypass to make FS ATC works again (but later...)3) Usually RC sends you to "taxi to the ramp", offering then a Flight Critique - which is very interesting - or End RCI never tried it but I think that if you place an arriving gate at your flight planner (it shows in one of RC windows - forgot which one - ) you will be sent there.Hope it helpsEduardo

Guest Douglas Thompson

3 - Enter Dept/Arr Gate info on the Controller Info tab within RC. We'll voice the gate when appropriate. Specific instructions as to how to get there though isn't in v4. Ground control enhancements are high on our list for v5. We'll do what we can since it's been requested so often :)

Whilst we're on the subject - does anyone know if it's possible to 'store' the arrival gate at all? I know that the.pln file has a slot for the departure gate information to be stored.

Guest Douglas Thompson

Not sure if this is on "The List" or not (don't believe it is). It is now.