Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Runtime 6 error :(

OK,this is getting silly.Tried to take a flight from KMIA-KLAX and same exact thing happens again. I've done the log and sent it to your 'help' address.I now have to remove the whole thing all over again because I can't use my keyboard to go back to FS9 ATC.This may be something very simple but it's making me crazy.Could it have anything to do with EditVoice??I didnt think there was a connection but what do I know.

is there no whitepoint05.wav in C:Program Filesrcv4winwood99 directory?nothing to do with editvoice pack. i don't do anything with ityou don't have to uninstall anything. maybe restart fs9 when rc crashes.the log is very useful, too bad i didn't get it early on.without the file in the path above, nothing is going to work right.jd

I don't know. I didn't look for it.I've already uninstalled, but I guess we'll install it again.If there is no such file, how do I get it?

you don't have to keep uninstalling/installing rc.worst case, you should only have to restart fs to get your keys back.i do not change fs's key definitions. i use my ownthat file is installed when you install rc.but i'm going to take a guess at what is going wrong, since you're doing all this install/uninstallingyou install the cd, which is version 4.0you're not running the 4.01 upgrade (which put's that file there)and you're copying the 4.2 .exe into the rc directory.you can't go from 4.0 to 4.2 - you have to do 4.0, 4.01 upgrade, and then replace the .exe with the 4.2 .exejd

Good guess! that's exactly what I'm doing! I missed that interim upgrade. OK, right now I'm enroute from KMIA to KLAX but when I get to LAX via FS9 ATC, I'll do the whole thing once again and hopefully this will make it all better. Thanks for the the tip on restarting to get my other keys back.Normally I'm not this dense, but I really did overlook that interim update.Do I have to again request a new key or can I use the one I got from you the other day?

install 4.0run the 4.01 upgrade (url to the link is in the email that contained your key for 4.0)get the 4.2 executable, copy it into the rcv4 directorysend your key request to register@jdtllc.comjd

i was just curious what went so wrong here. i thought maybe somehow the proper information wasn't in the registration email. so i went to check.i was wrong. every step you needed, was there. see belowCongratulations! Here is your Radar Contact Registration Key. Please runRadar Contact. At the bottom of the Radar Contact window you will see a boxlabeled "When You Receive Your Key". Copy/Paste your key into the white boxdirectly to the right of the word Key. Finally click on the "Click Here"button to enter your key in Radar Contact.Your key: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Please Note: We have started shipping RCv4.2 on CD. If the CD you receive has version 4.2 on it you should not install the updates listed below.TIP: Save yourself some time. It is not necessary to request a new key after installing each update. Wait until after RCv4.2 is installed then ask for a new key. Radar Contact v4.01 has been released. To install the update just run it. Go here to download ithttp://www.davevollmer.com/rcv401update.exeRadar Contact v4.2 has been released. Please note you must have RCv4.01installed before applying the v4.2 update. To install the update just unzip the contents of thezip file into your Radar Contact folder.http://www.davevollmer.com/rcv4_3831.zip Finally go to Peter Dowson's site and download/install the latest version of FSUIPC.DLL http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html