Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Force FSX and RCv4 using FSUIPC/WideFS v4 Beta

JD et al,Has there been any movement with RCv4 to make it work with FSX? In beta testing and so forth? I currently run FS9 with RC on a WideFS machine and have learned this moring that ASv6 will work with FSX so now I want RC too. Please tell me there's a way the user can hammer the two together as long as FSCUIPC v4 and WideFSv4 are available. I think Pete Dowson has release beta versions of his utilities so has anyone on the RC team tried it? Thanks in advance for helping us get a head start....Oct 17, tick.. tick.. tick.. :-beerchug

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Dimon1971

I'm interested also.I don't own RC4 (too late to buy), but having in mind that FSX release in near, I'd buy RC5 at the very first day. If RC5 will be able to fully control AI traffic and separate AI Planes..I'd pay twice without doubts.

Guest Douglas Thompson

Too late to buy :-hmmm . v5's still in alpha. Release isn't in the picture at all yet.The FSX compatible RC will be v4.3 when the dust settles...

Understand and obviously 4.3 will be needed for a formal transition. I'm asking if FSUIPC is upgraded to v4 to handle the unique FSX-calls, shouldn't RC v4.2 be able to use FSUIPCv4 and work the same as it does now for FS9? At least well enough until RCv4.3 drops? Can a FSX beta tester please try this with a beta version of FSUIPC?Edit: Oh wait, I just realized you'll need to scan the FSX AFD data too and that's probably quite different than in FS9 so I guess that would be fixed in RCv4.3, huh? I guess with 4.2 it could talk over WideFS to FSX just like now but you wouldn't be able to tell where FSX airports are without rebuilding the RC scenery cache from FSX. Any "hopeful" timelines for 4.3?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Dimon1971

Thanks for response.Thus, based on what you have said, may I assume that IF I buy RC4 for FS2004 today, I will get v4.3 free update for FSX? Am I correct?

if you buy rc today, you will get version 4.2when fsx is released, a general beta of 4.3 will be released, and then formally released.you will get it free, by being a registered 4.x userjd

i have a beta version of radar contact (4.3) ready for general testing as soon as fsx is released.jd

i will need for makerwys.exe to be updated for fsx, by pete dowson.the rest of radar contact 4.3, and fsuipc 4.x, is ready to go.jd

Guest Dimon1971

That's great, I'm on my way for purchasing

HelloSo, if we have FS9 and FS X on the same computer, we won't be able to use RC4 with both, right ? Maybe if we copy/paste RC4.2's folder and then update only one of them ? Any potential problem with registration keys ?

i don't see why not. you may have to specify the appropriate path for the .flt/.wx directory each timeyou may have to navigate to the proper directory to pick up the .pln filesyou won't have any issues with the keyjd