Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Does RC recognize 'STAR' runways?

On many of my airports, I have constructed the 'Star runway' system so that most, if not all, runways are in use. Does RC pick up on this? I've only done a couple of flights and both airports had parallel runways. Just curious.

in the quick start section of the manual, you will see that you should run the "rc scenery rebuild" if you are running scenery that is not the stock scenerythat will run a makerwys.exe program, that will incorporate the runways in your scenery files into the rc databaseif you scenery files are screwed up, you will run into problems, but there are posts here (you'll have to search for them), which tell you about utilities you can run to find scenery errorsthere are several scenery files that have errors in them, you can search for those (providence rhode island is one that i can remember off the top of my head)rc chooses the arrival and departure runways based on ai movements. be sure to load rc LAST, and make sure the weather is refreshed and the ai are refreshed to enjoy your takeoffs and landingsjd

Will do,and thanks!Oh,BTW, I followed the correct sequence for installing RC as was previously outlined and now I'm not getting shut down during my clearance delivery message. Looksl like that interim update is what was needed. I'll play with it this weekend, but so far looks good.

Expanding a little further :)The short psuedo runways should not have starting points mapped in them. This insures these "fakes" are not included by makerunways.exe in the database it creates for RC. RC will pick up on the "legal" runways.FS9 ATC does not recogize these STAR runways as "fakes" but lists them in various menus although AI will not use them. RC is not prone to this listing of "fake" runways.If AI are active RC will pick the best choice from the active runways they are using. If not it will apply its usual rules.