Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

RC Vectors AI and User aircraft to opposing landings!

Had an uneventful flight from LAX to Vancouver and at about 60 miles out I was told to expect vectors to 8R. Sounds good to me. However, all AI aircraft were vectored to land at 26R ! I was the only one directed to an eastbound landing. Now I do have a 'star' runway system set up at CYVR so I'm not sure that affects it but it's my understanding that it doesn't. I've checked all my runways and all are open for landing and takeoffs. Had a good landing but what if the AI was directed to 26L ??? eeek! any idears?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i would have to see a log, to know what happened.at 60 miles out, i probably wasn't seeing many ai taking off and landing, so i probably projected the runway by the wind direction.get the weather a little closer, maybe 50 miles, and see if that helpsjd

Well, I didn't run the log during this flight and it now wouldnt' show anything about it. I'm heading to KDFW today where there's a zillion runways so if it happens again, when would I start the log procedure. That's something that has to be started at the very beginning and it just continually runs or can I start it near my approach procedure?I received descent instructions about 150 miles out. I didn't hear any mention of an AI approach til sometime later so you could be right. It was kind of quiet at Vancouver during my arrival.I did also notice that RC doesn't refer to Vancouver by its name, but only by its ICAO code. "CYVR airport". I guess we don't have a sound file for it yet?Thanks,write you from Dallas!

instructions on generating a log are pinned at the top of the forumjd

Also make sure your FSUIPC is current. There was one release I believe that at airports did not properly report close-in departure and arrival traffic to RC.I have had an occasion where RC assigned a runway when the approach phase started but then shortly after reassigned the runway after AI showed up. Note that I believe you must be on vectors for RC to report changes to you since if you have requested a specific runway or IAP you will not get reassigned as far as I know.With regard to the "STAR" runway designed system the makerunways utility used in the scenery database rebuild utility excludes those short pseudo runways if properly designed (no starting points in the afd). They will not get into RC's runway database.

Yes, I'm using 3.7 which I think is the latest. did the CYVR-KDFW run today and that went flawlessly. I'm requestin my weather about 40 miles out. All runways active at KDFW and I was vectored nicely, though a little tight for an a340 to 31R. I'm pleased.