Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI ground interaction...

I had actually 2 questions:1. Isn't RC supposed to recognize when AI's are near and halt them or halt me to avoid ground conflict? I almost got bowled over by an Air China MD-11 who passed dangerously close and I had been given clearance to push back into his path. Maybe I'm nit picking, but just curious. Good thing I installed a rear view mirror in my A340 LOL! :)2. with regard to the AI Chatter. Do I assume correctly that the AI chatter comes from FS9's ATC and not necessarily RC? I got some chatter through RC enroute Vancouver to Dallas, but much of it was background FS9. No biggie, just wondering.

Guest aaxell

Have you turned off the FS9 ATC? I was getting correct RC AI Chatter. Another thing that I noticed that with prerecorded chatter you don't hear any other AI chatter - am I right?

Guest aaxell

It's somewhere in the user manual... In settings you turn off all three checkboxes in ATC sections, then in Sounds you turn off ATC.

Guest Douglas Thompson

>>Isn't RC supposed to recognize when AI's are near and halt them or halt me to avoid ground conflict?<

i'm not sure, but it's possible that the little slots for speaking are being monopolized by pre-recorded chatter. i'd have to see a log to verifyit could be there weren't in ai, doing things, on your frequency, needing chatter spoken to themjd

Guest aaxell

Thanks. I didn't know this is in log. I'll look there.

so then this refers to planes airborne only:AI interactions including: Ground traffic frozen to prevent runway incursions while you

Guest aaxell

Ok, cool - AI chatter still works when I have prerecorded turned on. I was worried it's not.