Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Quirky Controller!.... or is it me...

So I'm winging my way to KJFK and we're beginning our descent procedure. I'm working from a FS Navigator flight plan that gives me waypoints via airways all the way to LENDY which is 23 mi out.About 40 miles out, the controller starts turning me for vectors to 31L. So I'm doing my turn and then he yells at me and says I'm off the airway, then turns me back the other way. This happens twice until we finally agree and he guides me in for a nice approach to 31L. But my critique was the pits! He chastised me for crossing and heading violations, etc. Is RC reading my FS Navigator plan and I'm supposed to stick to that until the last waypoint? I thought I had to always follow controller instructions? Please advise. This really is a lot of fun!

you're supposed to follow what the controllers tell you to do.sounds like you missed your crossing restriction, which means the controller is going to give you a 90 degree turn left or right, until you are at your crossing restriction altitude. then you will be turned back into approach airspace, and at the airportdid you finish flying all the tutorials?jd