Sign in to follow this  
Guest db76

Flight SIm Keyboard Freezes

Guest db76

Hello,I am new to using Radar Contact, and look forward to using it, but I have been having a problem trying to do my first flight with it.I am in KBOS trying to go to KLGA, with the default 737 with the panel modified to include the CIVA INS. I am also using ASv6. I load everything up, then start RC4.2, with my flight plan. I am able to get my clearance, etc., but after some time (while I am waiting for the INS's to align), the keyboard ceases to function. I try to hit ALT to get to the menus, but am unable. I try and call ground, but cannot. The mouse works, I can change things on the panel with the mouse, my computer is not frozen, just the keyboard.I do not have this problem when running everything else in the exact same scenario. Can someone please help me? Thanks.DavidDell Dimension XPSP4 3.0Ghz2GB RAMATI Radeon x850xt 256mb

simplify. eliminate possibilities.try a standard ms panelmaybe you need to change the rc default keys to ctrl-shift-1 instead of 1, ctrl-shift-2 instead of 2, etc.any other add-ons running? try shutting them off one at a time, to see what might be causing the conflictjd

Guest db76

Thanks for the response.I seem to have identified the problem. It was in fact the CIVA INS, in a certain mode.Seems to be working now. ThanksDavid