Sign in to follow this  
wad53

Possible problem with FlightScenery Portland

I appreciate all the help and explanations on this website. But much of it is beyond me.I would appreciate [and probably others too] if one of the authors here would outline the steps to take in a concrete fashion to allow RC 4 and Portland FlightScenery to work together. It is hard for me to piece all the steps together from the thread above.Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

i'm afraid it's all above me as well.sounds like the scenery, though beautiful, uses some techniques which, though imaginative, throw regular programs trying to read it into a tail spin.i'm sure john and/or ray and/or rob can outline the steps.jd

The critical fix is as per John Burgess advice as follows:"if you rename KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl as !KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl all may be well"This simple fix works fine for me. This is the steps I took:-1. Locate the file KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl (It is located under FlightZone02_SCScenery)2. Rename it to !KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl3. Launch FS9 to ensure the Scenery.cfg is updated4. Exit FS95. Launch Radar Contact 46. Click Rebuild Scenery DB to update RC4 data.The two programs should then happily work together.Hopefully John or Ron will comment if I have this wrong.Cheers,Warren

Warren

Warren,Thanks for detailing this. I will try it out.JD,Does this deserve being pinned at the top of forum for others who may being using the two programs together?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest UPS523

>The critical fix is as per John Burgess advice as follows:>>"if you rename KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl as !KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl all>may be well">>>This simple fix works fine for me. This is the steps I took:->>1. Locate the file KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl > (It is located under FlightZone02_SCScenery)>2. Rename it to !KPDX_28L_ILSFIX.bgl>3. Launch FS9 to ensure the Scenery.cfg is updated>4. Exit FS9>5. Launch Radar Contact 4>6. Click Rebuild Scenery DB to update RC4 data.>>The two programs should then happily work together.>>Hopefully John or Ron will comment if I have this wrong.>>Cheers,>WarrenDidnt work for me i just took the file out of FS Guess ill just avoid that runway untill they figure it out

>Hi there,>>The problems with KPDX and Rhode Island should no longer occur>with the latest versions of makerwys.exe. I would suggest>backing up your present version (found in the main FS folder)>and try using the v3.98 beta available from>http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=41519>>No renaming of files should be necessary.>I use v3.993 and I have problems both with and without renaming this file. KPDX will not detected in any flightplan I load into RC.