Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

Why does ATC hate me ?

There's the catch word "FMC".If you are taking vectors from RC when approach contacts you and starts giving you vectors and altitudes disengage LNAV and VNAV by using your MCP HDGS and ALT and FLCHG controls. ATC rules your path, not the FMC. If you wish to follow your path by FMC control then when approach contacts you after assigning the runway select IAP followed by the type of approach for that runway. RC will give you your altitude required to merge with glideslope (or vertical profile where no GS is present) for final. You will not be contacted again until on final. Terrain avaoidance then becomes your responsibility.

My first problem was long before the approach. I was flying from Buenos Aires, Argentina (SAEZ) to Santiago, Chile (SCEL). I was made this trip in the real life and in FS9 was very similar: Chile is a narrow country between the Andes (in the highest point) and the Pacific Ocean, so the airplanes fly over the Andes and, passing, immediatly turns to left and start the descent, directly in approach.In the case I related above, I was flying over the mountains when the ATC (RC) order to descent to 12000.The second was fliying from SCEL to La Paz, Bolivia (SLLP): I was take off, fly thru the SID to the Pacific, turns to right and to the north by the "highway", from VOR SNO (I believe) to VOR VTN, this path was in the plan in FSC, RC and FMC. What I say is: in both cases I was in cruising.

Can you attach the PLN please and one of us will fly it and see what the problem is.I'm guessing that you're being cleared lower when you deem it unsafe? That's the purpose of the NOTAMs option. You only descend when it's safe to do so and won't be told off for non-compliance.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Of course. But my last post wasn't a complain. It was an answer to ronzie.I haven't the time to fly again, so I can't try the NOTAMs option.Anyway, here is the .pln:(for any reason the site gives me errors when I try to submit the .pln file or compressed in .zip format)(Last intent: renamed as .txt, errors on uploading anyway)

Hi,Okay, I understand it's not a problem but I only said that in my reply because you started your earlier reply with "My first problem...".I don't understand why you get errors when uploading a zip or txt file but no matter. Fly it again when you get the chance and with NOTAMs checked you should be okay.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest LarsKluver

>As JD wrote, different countries, different TA. Even in the>same country (UK per example) you will get different TA from>one airport to the other.>You can find the TA values for departure and arrival when>starting RCV4. After loading RCV4 and entering the flight plan>and before starting RCV4 check the Controller Info. You will>find the TA for departure, arrival and alternate airports. You>can even change them if you wish.I'm a bit puzzeled here. RC tells you when it's time to set the altimeter to 1013MB during climb and visa versa during descend, so i don't understand why it should be a problem. Furthermore the transition level can be seen in the settings for the dep. airport and arr. airport.. Especially outside US i have the pleasure of doing it myself and i always hit "B" and have never had any problems. And i know how much the "fictive controller" loves to shout at one, if one don't comply exactlay as he wants or fast enough. So i take the silence as a token that it works! :-)CheersLars

hitting the "b" key is misleading. if you have a transition level of fl70, and you press the "b" key climbing through 6000, you're going to set the altimeter to the local pressure, not to 29.92you've been luckywhen you are flying outside the united states, with fs9, you must set the altimeter to the standard pressure manually.jd

Guest LarsKluver

My version must be special then!! When i climb and i hit "B" it changes to 29.92 - due to the gauge!! I've been doing this for as long as i have had RC! During descend it changes to whatever pressure there is.But - maybe it's luck, but that's a continious luck then - for years. Wish i had the same luck then when i play the lottery!! :-)

I'm flying in Southamerica and when I press "b" my QNH changes, mainly to 29.91, but if I'm using weather more realistic, it changes to other values.BTW: I've flyed (

Guest LarsKluver

Oops - must have been a little tired.. I press "T" when i set the altimeter after having climbed above the transition point. Don't remember if i attached the letter to this function myself or if it was already set - in FSuipc.dll. Sorry for the mess up :-)CheersLars