Sign in to follow this  
Guest radical3435

radar conact and fmc

Guest radical3435

hi could someone tell me if i missed something out. radar contact doest follow the fmc route.that i have created a flight plan from fsnavigator exported to 767 picpdv and fs2004 .everyting is fine when im on course to my destination following fmc course.then r.c tells me to desend sooner than fmc says and then it tells me to go on a diffent heading than the one on the fmc.can someone explain me what im doing wrong.many thanks rob

Hi Rob,Did you fly any of the tutorials?The reason you're started down earlier than the ToD indicator on your FMC is because air traffic controllers (including the ones in RC) don't know about ToD and don't care. Their job is to get you down safely whilst considering all the other aircraft under their control.However, in our quest to please all the people all of the time you do have an option to request a pilot discretion (PD) when started down earlier than the ToD. You must be acknowledging commands manually to get this option. Just select 3 when the option appears and you should be granted a descent at your discretion. The fewer the number of runways at the arrival airport the better your chances of being granted one.Once you're down at 12,000ft or 11,000ft depending on arrival winds you will be given the option of approach vectors or an IAP. Choosing the former means RC will give you headings to fly; the latter means you can file the approach you have in your plan. The choice is yours.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest radical3435

HI raythank for the help and for the quick reply. will do tutorial again.lol

Guest radical3435

hi guysi got 2 questions.1)ref. to the question above.do i ignore the flight plan on the fmc and go with r.c controller?2)when i land at my destination. the controller does't give me the option to park or to the gate. so i dont know where park. do i go to any free space?.in fs2004 the contorller gives you a option to park or gate. and it gives you a choice for the help pink line to the gate.is there any help on this?many thanks rob ps sorry im a newbie

Hi Rob,<Once you're down at the crossing restriction altitude (11,000ft or 12,000ft) you should fly the headings given by the controller. If you selected an IAP approach you will be given a lower altitude and then left to your own devices to fly the approach. But the default is a vectored approach.Check the Controller Info screen. You can supply a gate number for departure and arrival airports. If you don't supply one for arrival you'll hear "taxi to the ramp". We don't monitor where you park.Neither do we supply a pink line. That doesn't happen in the real world. Pilots have to get their airport charts out and study the layout.If you have FS Navigator you can use that for taxiing guidance. The map in FS Flight Keeper is even better but both those are commercial software.<>No need to apologise. We were newbies once :-) The only thing we ask is that you fly the tutorials read the documentation which took hours to write :-wave

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest radical3435

hi ray i got it now .what you have said m8many thanks once again:-) rob

Excellent! :-wave

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather