Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Unable to comply

Due to the unexpected shortcoming of a newly purchased 'plane being unable to resume a saved flight without dropping downwards like a stone, I find myself being admonished about my flight level.It will take me an age to get back to the filed height so what would my best response to atc be?Do I recall seeing - but cannot now find - an "Unable to comply" option?(Thanks for the Portland scenery fix: just bought it and about to fly in.)

Guest Douglas Thompson

Sounds like PMDG? I have the 737ng and unfortunately cannot R&D with it for this very reason. Regarding advance aircraft, I believe the Level-D products do save state but PMDG does not, not that I'm aware anyway.All you can do is tell RC (outloud), "Sorry, talk to the A/C author" :D .BTW, the "unable" you refer to is available when you're issued your xing restriction, and only if you've got the comms. We hope to make it available to your co-pilot as well come v5.

According to posts on the PMDG support forum here, the 747 will save its state. I believe you have to use its utility to do this. This will not help as far as I know by saving a situation with RC.The 737's do not have this capability in any form of saving the aircraft state while inflight.Do a search on the AVSIM PMDG Support Forum for "save".

Yes, the 747 will save its' state, but it's a pretty useless facility since once saved you can't use it to realistically resume a flight. Unless you enjoy several minutes of panic and confusion while the plane gets its' act together!