Sign in to follow this  
Avian

Crossing altitude restrictions

A few times I have got a slap on the wrists for not following crossing restrictions, problem is, I do follow them as they are set on the nav charts for the SID's I use, but they do not seem to correspond the what RC4 expects, how do I get this right? Or have i missed the point entirely?

rc gives you a crossing restriction. i don't know what your chart says. if you're a jet, depending on the runway you're going to land on, you will need to be at 11000 or 12000 when you're 40 miles from the airport.you have to follow what the rc controller says. he's in charge. not your chart.there is a section in the manual about crossing restrictions. (both of them, the old crossing restriction which is based on a navaid close to the field, and a new crossing restriction, based on distance from your current position). brush up on those, and try it againjd

Got it now, I have only ever heard the "Start down now" message but was not certain how that related to my charts, I see i will just have to make sure i am alt by the time I reach the 30 mile point. Other times I amy have still be too high and had to take a diversionary route till I was level, this must be what the controller was on about!Cheers John.

Guest Douglas Thompson

>>make sure i am alt by the time I reach the 30 mile point<