Sign in to follow this  
Guest radical3435

plane taxing through other planes

Guest radical3435

hi guys when im taxing atc sometime does not tell the plane to stop.when there onther planes taxing allready on the taxi way. and sometimes the plane will go straight through the plane, and carry on taxing. or on push back there be a plane come and atc wont tell the onther plane to stop while im going back from push back.i dont know if its anything to do with radar contact. on fs default atc say something like hold short taffic on taxi way. sure it should do that.any ideas guys.many thanks rob

ground control is well under way in v5.i don't think i've ever seen an ai taxi through another ai. or through me for that matter.be sure you rebuild the scenery database in rc, so that i know where all of your runways, and thresholds arejd

Guest radical3435

hi j.dsorry forgot to tell you that am useing traffic2005 and r.c togeather would that be the course and if so.any ideas m8?many thanksrob

I do get this frequently at busy airports. I have learned to live with it and just turned off collisions in the FS options. It is kind of disconcerting, but oh well... Also, sometimes in the air, planes will nearly fly into me! I just started having these recently, so am wondering if an update to FSUIPC may be to blame. I am using the latest "unsupported" version 3.709. I recently reinstalled everything due to a new system upgrade, but the "fly/taxi through" remains.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Guest radical3435

hiwell it seems that im not the only person that got this problem with the planes j.d any ideas please m8 or any one else that can help. its annoying to keep disableing collisions in fs options and not very realistic.any help would be very greatful.rob.

Hi Rob,You don't say which airports this happens at or what percentage you have your Ai set to. Ai aircraft following you do keep their distance so I can only guess it's a problem with those taxiing towards you. Yes, that is annoying but I have to say I've not encountered this on a regular basis. I recommend you keep 'detect ground collisions' switched off.The basic problem is that FS9 Ai are very stupid. RC4 does control them on the ground at critical times. When you're taking off they are frozen briefly.They will have more 'intelligence' in FSX and work is underway with RC v5 to improve the interaction with ground Ai.Hope that helps,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest radical3435

hi ray thanks for the reply. the problem that i notice is in heathrow pro at the monment and the percentage i got Ai set to is 35%.i dont know if heathrow pro is causeing the problem?many thanks rob

Guest radical3435

hi ray, would aitm work with radar contact v 4.2and traffic2005.someone told me use this tool for aircaft editor to amend the parking radius to 34M.stoping A.T.C parking my 767-300 at small gates to make it more realistic .and can you tell me the one to download.i got fs2004. many thanks rob

I use Heathrow Pro at 55% AI, and don't have a problem with AI taxying through each other or me, although I sometimes taxy through AI if FS has guided them nose to nose with me.

Hi Rob,I doubt the scenery is responsible. Ai are universally stupid and bad mannered - not just at custom airports.One tip that may help you is to start FS and leave the Ai to start up and taxi to the active runway and depart. Remember there will be a glut of them initially. After 10-15 mins things will have quietened down and you can then start RC.Take the dog for a quick walk or make a brew whilst you're waiting :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If by AITM you mean Thomas Monitor's AI Traffic Mover then yes, I see no reason why it would cause problems with RC. You could always use AFCAD to reserve a stand for an obscure airline and then the chances it would be free are greater.You can enter the gate number in RC4 prior to starting. It won't guarantee the gate will be empty but used in conjunction with the above suggestion it should minimise the chances.Here's Thomas's site for AITM www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest mmcevilley

>well it seems that im not the only person that got this>problem with the planes j.d any ideas please m8 or any one>else that can help. It is best to keep collisions with other aircraft turned off (that is, they are NOT detected). This is not realistic but is necessary to avoid the frustration of inadvertent crashes.As to the issue: I suspect the problem is related to how closely aligned the taxiway line that you see and follow in the scenery is to the taxiway line followed by the AI. The AFCAD program can be used to draw taxiway lines that you actually see in the scenery. I've noticed that some of the add-ons do not rely on this and draw their own lines. (On some custom scenery, I have added my own taxiway lines for better AI movement, the AI follow those paths, but no taxiway line shows up in the scenery even though I flagged the line as "draw solid line" in AFCAD).If these custom lines drawn by the add-on scenery do not line up (to whatever tolerance, I have no idea), the AI will not detect that you are "on" the taxiway. They will zip right through up, and it does not matter if they are overtaking, approaching head-on, or approaching from an angle at an intersection.Try this, go to a problemmatic airport and zig-zag your way towards an AI - see if and when they stop. Check the orientation of your aircraft relative to their taxi path when they do stop. That should give you an idea of where they "think" the taxiway really is! ;-) I also suspect that the AI detect the *center* of your aircraft, not fuselage nose/tail, or left/right wingtip. I believe this because I can offset my path by about half a wing span and go right by an approaching AI, but if I get too close - as we pass, we get "stuck". No crash results, we just get stuck.-michael