Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPN_Turnip

Question on FSX & RC

Guest TPN_Turnip

Greetings, I orginally purchased RC when version 2 was released. And while I loved the program, got involved with Vatsim and it kinda faded off into oblivion. ( Like alot of other good programs ) Anyway, I plan on purchasing RC for FSX. Once again, MS has dropped the ball when it comes to ATC. Also, I am a RWP and to try and fly online with children busting the pattern, is totally unacceptable IMHO. My question is about CPU and graphics card load. What kind of performance hit can I expect when using RC? As you can see by my system specs below, it isn't the fastest computer around. And also, this is probably a stupid question but when can we expect RC for FSX to be released? ThanksTurnip System Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)1 Gig DDR RAM

Hi Turnip,You have the same processor as me and a better graphics card. RC4 has minimal impact on FS performance. You shouldn't have any problems.Not sure when 4.3 will be released but JD may be able to advise.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest TPN_Turnip

Thx Ray, I had tried to use the MS ATC from LAs Vegas into LAX and man what a mess. It handed me off at least 40 times to the same two controllers. Back and forth, back and forth. I know that L.A. has a lot of different sectors but this was obviously a bug. Seems that MS sp-ent a lot of time on eye candy and not enough on the flight sim part.TurnipSystem Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)1 Gig DDR RAM

Hi Turnip,You'll find RC4 a breath of fresh air compared to the default ATC. And the good news is it will get even better with v5 curently under development. This version won't be released for many moons so enjoy yourself with v4. It certainly won't hand you over 40 times for such a flight. Ugh!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi TurnipYou will love RC4--there really is no performance hit with this program--not any that is noticable anyway! I am a real life pilot, and this program makes me feel at home in the cockpit of my sim aircraft---I have also used it as a training aid for young flying students that I ocasionaly mentor and helpCheersDorn Cranert

Guest TPN_Turnip

Hello Dorn, I too used RC2 when I was going thru flight training. It worked wonders for giving me an idea on what to expect. I also bought a SPORTY'S hand held radio and listened to all the local (Sea-Tac ) chatter while driving down the road. VATSIM was OK some of the time but with new people coming in all the time, it became quite frustrating. Seems I was always helping a new guy out. Not that THAT wasn't OK, but some times, I just wanted to fly. I look fwd to 4.3.TurnipSystem Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)1 Gig DDR RAM

TurnipThe new version of RC is much improved over 2.0--much better Chatter and functionality--you will love it. I just used it to Mentor a Young Man that works with me--he always wanted to be a pilot but thought that he could not do it because he was affraid to talk on the Radio--with the help od RC so much for that problemCheers

fear of talking on the radio was one of my main reasons for doing radar contact :-)jd

Guest TPN_Turnip

I've heard about that before. In fact, I had a small case of anxiety when I first started talking on the mic. Which is ironic considering what I do for a living. I've been a full time, professional entertainer for the last 16 years. hehewww.raleighandroy.com

Guest davaz

Am waiting anxiously for two things:1. A decent AI package built for FSX and ...2. Radar Contact version for FSX Can someone give me an idea when item #2 might be available?RegardsDave

Guest Douglas Thompson

4.3's in beta now. We have an approx 10day delay with John being unavailable. Won't be long.

Guest TPN_Turnip

Hurry up! heheSystem Specs:P4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256)1 Gig DDR RAM