Sign in to follow this  
Guest madbirdcz

AIRAC cycles for RC4?

Guest madbirdcz

Are those available somewhere? Or are we stuck with the (in my country) extremely outdated info included in the stock csv files?Zdenek Cizek

Hi Zdenek,RC4 does not rely on AIRAC cycles. It reads the lat/lon for each of your waypoints in your flightplan.The data in the CSV files created by MakeRunways is out of our control. All we can do is read what is in the scenery BGLs.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest madbirdcz

Strange, so why does the CSV file have the header from Richard Stefan mentioning his NavData site and an outdated AIRAC cycle?Zdenek Cizek

What file are you looking at?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

and to clarify my boss here makernwys for the runways provides the ILS frequencies if localizer is present. It is important to be synchronized in this area with your installed scenery.

So even if im flying in 2010 with all this as it is now... as long as i keep say, fsbuild upto date with airac's, as long as thats generating the Lat/Lon of the flight plan R/C will take point names from this and not whats in the FS database?Thanks"Lairy" Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

When FSBuild exports a .pln file for FS it names and gives coordinates (latitude and longitude) for each waypoint. That is all RC uses out of FSBuild other then the departure and destination ICAO airport codes. RC uses makerwys to get airport LOC/ILS frequencies for determining what facilities are available, runway locations and headings (for determining vectoring to the proper heading for final and also to determine where you are in relation to the runway parts on the ground). Regardless of the AIRAC RC must be in synchronization with the FS scenery including AFCADS you have installed to match your FS world. If your scenery has been updated to 2010 running the scenery build function will update what RC needs to know.AIRACS are more important to aircraft navigation. Regarding SIDS and STARS if you want RC to use those waypoints in part then you must make sure that your flight planner is updated so those waypoints are exported for RC to use. If you are an FMC user, make sure your flightplanner and FMC database agree, or to keep sync import the FS plan into your FMC.There is already other threads here regarding this so just do a search on FMC.

Thanks very much.I was searching this very topic when i asked the question.I appreciate your time for the lengthy response.Best Regards"Lairy" Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

This a.m. I read in the current Computer Pilot a related feature on FMC databases being kept up. Look for Mike Ray's series on flying glass managed aircraft.