Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_76

RC4 regarding AI

Hi there.I read the RC4 manual but I still have some questions:-How does RC4 interacts with FS9's AI? Do I hear chatter from FS9 or a customized RC4 version? -Does RC4's ATC vectors AI and the AI replies? -Is RC going to have speech recognition implemented some day? I was terribly disappointed by MS by not having FSX ATC improved at all. Not even having a HOLD feature. What a shame.

Hi,<RC4 will give instructions to Ai such as taxi to rwy xx, cleared to take-off, climb to FL230 etc.. You're advised to switch off FS ATC so as not to cause confusion. The voices you hear are all RC4 voices.<>Ai fly a pre-configured route but RC4 will give them instructions to make it appear it is controlling them. They are only controlled at certain times - ground Ai frozen when you're given clearance to take-off and land, diverted away from you when a conflict is detected and speeded up or slowed down on finals to keep away from you. They are very obstinate and bad mannered as you have probably noticed. Ai reply to instructions given and these are RC4 voice sets (chatter pilots).<>No plans for speech recognition. JD is out of town for a couple of weeks but may be able to explain why it's difficult to implement on his return. No improvement in FSX ATC does make RC4 an attractive alternative. In reality they would have to improve the ATC a lot to bring it close to what RC4 achieves.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. Looking forward for RC in FSX.Hmmmm. Just to be certain. No downloadable version when it comes out right? Have you received orders to send a CD to Brazil? No problems at all in the delivery process?

Hi,I'm not involved in the registration and ordering of RC4 but rest assured your order will be promptly dealt with by JDTLLC.RC4 is too large for a download so it only ships on a CD. The update to make it compatible with FSX will be a small download. JD will supply a link to that when testing is complete.Once you receive your CD send us the registration info and a key will be provided by return. Sometimes people don't receive the key straight away. That's usually because their ISP has treated the email as spam. Keep an eye on your settings to ensure it gets through.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Douglas Thompson

40 users in Brazil, no complaints :). Maybe you can help us get that number up a little...:-hah?

Guest cirurgiao

HiI'm one of them. You can be sure that you're buying a terrific program. I don't fly FS without RC anymore.Eduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, RayWas navigating in RC Forum and decided to ask you a personal question:I'm trying to run FS9 / FSX in a wideserver and AS6.5 and RC in wideclient but I'm losing this battle. Don't know if it's something with firewalls, rooters and so on. Since you have a 2 pc, you connect both computers directly or they share a rooter? I'm really trying to find answers but it's tough.One more question:Is it better to have WinXP Pro in both pcs?ThanksEduardo:-hang

Guest cirurgiao

To complete the above postI'm working with JD testing FSX (hope that my little contribuition helps RC gets better) and he gave some hints, but there are many posts to him and just don't want to abuse. After all testing RC for FSX is something, testing RC and AS6.5 in a widefs config is another thing.BTW I red the manual of widefs and get some tips from j.skorna.But really don't know if a home network is so ease to config (like pluging one pc to another in a lan card - since I've both pc with onboard lan card) and if it's better a WinXP-Pro to WinXP-Pro or else.Thanks for your timeEduardo

Hi Eduardo,Unfortunately I don't run RC4 across a network - only AS6 and a few other FS-related programs. RC4 runs on my FS PC.Firewalls are the usual culprit when it comes to things not working. If you're able to get WideServer and WideClient running and 'talking' to each other then that is the main problem solved. Are they working on your system? The same OS helps - I have XP on both my systems but it shouldn't be too difficult with a different OS on one of them.I do use a wired router and although I'm not an expert I managed to set it up without too much hassle.Can you see files on the other PC once you've shared a folder? Once the network is working it should be a simple case to get WideFS working. If it cannot communicate with the other PC I would look at the firewall settings especially on the XP machine.Hope that helps,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cirurgiao

TKS, RayDo you have any problem with AS running in widefs?I'm running FSX and add-ons in both config:1) FSX and AS6.5+RC4.3839 in one pc and it works okay (haven't any flaw even changing altitude or destination - sent this info to JD)2) FSX in wideserver and AS6.5 in wideclient (it tells me that there are some corrupts... - have you any kind of trouble?). RC simply doesn't work (maybe it's some config - have created a log and zipped it to JD, but don't know if he received or had time to verify). I think it has something with my network config.What I'll do is place FSX in one machine (win xp os) that will be the game pc (it's not my intention to run this pc with anti-virus, anti-spywares, firewall other than xp own's - perhaps just ad-ware with ad-watch). The other machine (win xp pro os) with all anti-everything in which I intend to put FSX utilities (mainly RC / AS). Wrote JD to seek help from other people trying FSX and RC in widefs config but since he hasn't give me any answer I think he is ###### with me (maybe he figured that I'm not a good tester...which would be understandeable and I'd retire easily just not to be a nuisance).BTW have you any idea if both pcs should have the same os (in this case I'd go for win xp pro)?TKS againEduardo

Hi Eduardo,You're running FSX. I don't even have it yet. I presumed you were referring to FS9 in your earlier email - sorry.As you're running a different version of FS, RC and FSUIPC I don't think I'm in a position to help. I'll ask the beta testers who are using FSX and have WideFS if they can help.If you're having problems with AS6.5 have you posted in their forum? That problem doesn't seem related to RC4.3. Exactly what do you mean when you say 'there are some corrupts'? Is that referring to AS6.5?If you haven't heard from JD for a week or so it's because he's attending a full-time course with his employer and his spare time is very limited. I'm sure he'll look at your mail when he's able. I'm sure you won't have annoyed him :-)To run a network it certainly isn't essential to have the same OS on each PC. XP Home and XP Pro should work just fine with each other. As I mentioned in my earlier message make sure the network is working correctly before you load WideFS. You should be able to see files on shared folders from each PC. If you can't do that then WideFS isn't going to work so neither will any FS programs on the non-FS machine.Once the network is running load WideFS and tell me if WideClient and WideServer are 'speaking' to one another. We can take things from there one program at a time.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cirurgiao

So soon an answer!!! TKS, RayI'd apreciate if one of beta tester of FSX and RC in widefs config could help meIt seems that AS6.5 in a wideclient pc tries working but every other time doesn't find a file (like the weather was missing). Sorry to not be able to ask AS forum:-bang My network works fine (it's a shared rooter - D-Link604) from the "main" (game pc) but discovered that I can't reach My Docs folder (in the FSX machine) while working in the "utilities" pc (wideclient), it says I haven't administrator's right (???) so obviously I'm having trouble config shared HDs. I'll learn eventually.Yes, when I load FSX in wideserver and run WideFS in wideclient both speak.A note about FSX:It's a very heavy load! FPS drops a lot (I run it in an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 dual-core / with 2GB DDR400 RAM / Asus NVIDIA 7900GTX).What i don't know is if a dual-core works better than a single core with high GHz. Unloaded all utilities (anti-everything) and didn't get better results. Unless I'm missing something a dual-core isn't the ideal config to run FSX, at least not this config of mine.

Hi Eduardo,Almost time for bed over here :-)I've posted a request for help amongst the beta team so hopefully someone will come to your rescue.<>You need to share that folder and grant permissions to change files. There's a checkbox for that purpose. You will need to be logged in as an Administrator to share folders.AS6.5 will need write permissions to the entire FSX folder. Make sure you have shared the FSX folder with full read/write permissions.<>That's good!<>Apparently FSX doesn't take advantage of dual-core processors. What you will be able to do is run other programs on the FSX machine and for them not to affect FSX performance. You might consider moving AS6.5 to the FS machine. That won't affect FSX performance and will help spread the load.Time for bed! :-wave

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest cirurgiao

Will be waiting for help from beta testers.Have I to specifically share FSX fully even though its folder is in a HD that I've already given full access?To the point:Usually I put FSX and all utilities in a non-os HD (don't like to mix things).In a widefs config I'd like to not only to take some load off the game pc so I'd have FSX maxed but to have the utilities in another pc without going on/off FSX main screen (would a two-monitor/one pc array have the same effect? - I don't think so) which is something that sucks.Flight simulator was something fun without RC. Now I feel that without it it's nothing but a dumb and unreal thing. So my main concern is to built a system where I'll have FS AND RC no matter what.Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,<No, the fact that you've shared the drive should be sufficient. I haven't done this myself which is where one of the beta testers would be useful.<>Good idea. I do the same.<With a dual-core processor and two monitors you could run AS6 and other FS utilities without incurring a loss of FS performance. I don't think displaying 2D images of AS6 are going to tax your system. I know it's hard to come to terms with running several apps on a FS PC but I run RC with debug running on my FS PC and I don't see any performance hit at all. And RC writes a lot of data to the log!Have you removed FS9? I intend to keep it for a long time yet. Certainly until enough 3rd party addons become avalable for FSX. No FS Flight Keeper, no FSNavigator and no UK airports is enough reason for me to stay with FS9.Anyway, I digress. Try installing AS6 on the FS PC and I think you'll be pleased with the results. Hopefully RC4.3 will be out soon.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather