Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_76

RC4 regarding AI

Guest cirurgiao

Ray, again tks for answers.I didn't uninstall FS9 but I'm having trouble while trying to load it. I like FSNav a lot and would like it to work in FSX but it'll be awhile to get it back (2007). Since FSX is much better than FS9, though much more fps hungrier, I think of sticking with it and wait add-ons as they came, but NEVER without my much beloved RC.I'll change my equip very soon and will give you feedbacks.Will be happy to have help from some of the beta testers of widefs.Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,I don't have FSX but am running RC on a widefs setup with FS9. One thing just came to mind. FS stores various files (such as flight plans) in strange places. FS9 seems to store flight plans in My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files. Make sure you have shared that folder (or the FSX equivalent) on the network as well.Hope that helps.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JohnFSX stores in the same folder (My DocsFSX files). Trouble is that though I have shared it RC can't find this folder running in a wideclient pc. When I try to open C: in the "main" pc while working from "utilities" pc program files folder or windows folder are empty!What I'll do:Install FSX (and wideserver+fsuipc4) in my Game pc with Windows XP Home in a non-os HDInstall FSX utilities (RC and AS6.5)(and wideclient) in my Utilities pc with Windows XP Pro in a non-os HD tooBoth will be in rooter D-Link 604. I think that I'll need to create my own network (windows wizard does it nicely, doesn't it?)A question:Do you run both pcs in a network directly connected or sharing either a hub or a rooter?tksEduardo

Hi Eduardo,My PC's are connected via a router.You might try the following.Share the folder MydocsFSX files on the network.On your utilities pc open windows explorer and look in My Network Places. The folder should appear there.If it does, launch RC, click the Flight Plan button and you should be able to browse to 'My Network Places' and find the folder. Once you load a plan RC should remember the path.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JohnBefore sharing folders, do I need to create a private network (with Windows wizard) or just giving sharing permission in both pcs will do? I do know how to config my network via windows wizard (nothing to brag about, sorry). Or do I share the folders only?EduardoGame pc - WinXP HomeUtilities pc - WinXP ProRouter is D-Link 604

Guest cirurgiao

Hi againReading my msg above things seemed weird.I have both pcs in a router (D-Link). Little I know about network but if I right-click in a designed partition (C, D or ...) I can open window to share its contents. There was a tip about creating virtual partition in another pc (I think this tip was from AS forum).My question is if I need to use windows wizard to create my home network or just what I wrote above will do?Since you mentioned using a router your orientation would be great.Thanks very muchPS:all my needs of building a home network started because of Radar Contact, which allowed me in another level of flight simulator. Since I don't want to go on and off FS main window and can use widesfs (with AS6.5 too) it would be terrific to have your help.Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,I have my pc's set up as a home network, and would recommend you do that. The shared folders on your FS computer should appear in 'Network Places' on your utility computer.Try that and let us know if it worksOnce things are working you'll find it has been worth all the trouble. I would hate to go back to just using a single PC again.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

One last question:Do I just share drives in both pcs (I know how to do this) or is it necessary to create a home network using windows wizard (I know this too)?Sorry it's a dumb question , but without this tip I wouldn't know which path to use to make RC runs in a wideclient while "seeing" FSX in the wideserver.:-hang Eduardo

Guest cirurgiao

John, this will be the very last question before I've something about widefs config, okay?Have I the need to create my home network using windows wizard or do I connect both pcs in my rooter (D-Link 604)?ThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Thanks, JohnWill do it soon and will let you know.This saturday I hope to assemble my new game pc (P5N32-Sli Premium / Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 / 2GB DDR2 800 RAM / WinXP Home). After that I'll create my home network, then see what happens and giving you feedback.Sorry for so many questions.Eduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, JohnHad a lot to work, stayed away from FSX.I'm getting a lot of trouble while trying WideFS and RadarContact.Created my network, allowed shared folders between my two pcs, got WideFS (6.71) plus FSUIPC4.062 - without any trouble.Wideserver and wideclient as usual - without any troubleInstalled AS6.5 and RadarContact in wideclient.AS6.5 seems to work fine but I'd like to get your tips about how to do with the windows that AS6.5 demands after 1st installRadarContact doesn't run at all. Either with FSX running and WideFS connected or with them off, everytime I try to run RadarContact an error msg appears:Run-time error '62'RadarContact.rcv4module.read_atcnamesAfter OK its window closes.Asked JD for help but maybe he is very busy.Thanks in advance. Any help would be greatEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

JD, hope you didn't take as criticism of my part. Far from it you and all RadarContact people (beta testers) have been terrific.What I asked for from John B was help with widefs config, since he told me (and he wrote the chapter of widefs in RC4 manual, didn't he?) he used it.And yes I got your email, answering you back.Had to buy widefs for FS9 to follow your step by step help.:-hangSince you answered:1)I received the key - didn't copy and paste it yet (I'm away from my pcs)2) After pasting the key, before trying to run rc4, do I upgrade to 4.01 or do I try to run it in wideclient?3) Have I to place MakeRways into FS9 root folder and run it? If so when rcv a4,runways are created where do I copy them?4) this may be a very, very dumb question but...Do I need to have word/excel installed in FS9/FSX pc? Because I have them only in the utilities pc and a4,r4 in rc4/data folder appear as excel app5) Since we are trying to go for FSX only after testing all the way in FS9, I created a WideFSFS9 and a WideFSFSX folders and both work with their respective FS. Can I rename rc4 folder (after everything works - I hope) to rc4fs9, then install the rc4 from the cd in my utilities (2nd HD) to begin the same process to work with FSX or just this one will work through both FS9 & FSX?PS: I really need help with RC and WideFS config. Maybe for you, with so many people running RC it doesn't matter my lowly opinion but to me is unthinkable to fly FS9 (and FSX) without RC anymore and getting a widefs config will get the better of both FSX/FS9 and RC avoiding going in and out of their windows. Maybe I should give up and quit my need to run FSX and RC in widefs config, but it would only make things worse.Eduardo