Sign in to follow this  
Pilot_76

RC4 regarding AI

Hi Eduardo,Can I check something. I don't yet have FSX installed but it seems from your message above that you are trying to run FSUIPC4 and WideFS6 together. I think that is wrong. My understanding is as follows:For FSX you use FSUIPC4 with Widefs7For FS9 you use FSUIPC3 with widefs6.As for the windows when first starting AS6.5 I can't remember what they were I'm afraid so can't be of much help there.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, John BWhat I did was to buy the fsuipc4+widefs7 package but even in Pete Dowson's site, when updating, you find widefs6.71 version, which, for little I know, is just to put wideclient.exe + wideclient.ini in the wideclient pc.Haven't seen widefs7 alone anywhere and in FSXmodules folder - that is created only after installing fsuipc4 - in fsuipc.ini, wideserver appears as integrated part.Since I'm rebuilding everything from scratch (got a new system), I'll begin with the installation of FS9 in a widefs config. Had fsuipc3 (updated to 3.71) and bought widefs6.71Installed in one partition of my 2nd drive (the other is for FSX)Followed all instructions of widefs (wideserver.exe + wideserver.ini in main game pc AND wideclient.exe + wideclient.ini in utilities pc), run ASv6.5 and though there is some kind of trouble with getting info from weather seems to work - will try to get help from AS forum - but didn't try to run RC4 yet in a widefs config.My doubts refer to RC AND widefs config. What do I do to run RC smoothly? Are there any tips?ThanksEduardo

Hi Eduardo,Thanks for the explanation - I see what you mean now. I really must get FSX installed myself then I'll know about all this!As far as tips on getting RC to work well in a widefs setup the only real thing should be to make sure that all the paths RC needs are shared over the network with permission for network users to change the files.All the best,John

Guest cirurgiao

Since you go with FS9 and I'll begin my widefs config with FS9 too I'll need help as trouble appears (I hope not)Thanks, John BEduardo