Sign in to follow this  
Guest Air Merlin

Tail Numbers instead of callsings

Guest Air Merlin

Hi, after playing around with FSX for nearly two weeks and getting very angry about what microsoft promised and what they finally issued, I decided to return to FS9 and fly with all the addons which I posses and which worked very well.But what a great disaster: Radar Contact will not act properly. All flight long from EDDK to LBSF all controllers and chatter pilots read the tail numbers of the AI aircrafts instead of the callsigns. I did about 10 different flights to different destinations - always the same - tail numbers instead of callsigns. Only my own callsign (Air Merlin) was read corretly by everyone.I checked all the files in winwood - every file is okay and all the callsings are in it.So what happend? What mistake did I make? Is there some help, because I need a success to get rid of my frust.Hoping . . .EDDI - EDDT - EDDBMike

Mike,I'm pretty certain this is caused by an incorrect setting in FSUIPC. I don't have it open at present but I think you can make a change on one of the tabs which ensures RC enunciates the correct call sign.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Douglas Thompson

What RC version are you running?

I decided to return to FS9 and fly with all the addons which I posses Would one of your add-ons be FSHotFX by any chance? If so, there is a known incompatibility with Radar Contact caused (as Ray pointed out) by a change made to the FSUIPC.ini by FSHotFX.Have a look at this FAQ which explains both the cause and what change to make to the FSUIPC.ini file to solve the problem: http://www.jdtllc.com/faq.htm#51Pete

Guest Air Merlin

Wow,are you good men!3 answers in that short time and no.1 solved the problem.I can't tell you why I made any changes in the fsuipc/tab "miscellaneous", but that it was. Under "set TCAS id string from: "I had "tail" instead of "flight"many, many thanks to allEDDI - EDDT - EDDBmike

Glad to hear you're sorted Mike. That's the field that FSHotFX changes so Pete was on the right lines as well.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather