Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

ATC level clearances during climb

HiAgain, thanks a lot for your amazing piece of software. Got rid of FS2004 ATC since then.1st question: will RC4.3 be available for FS9 as well?2nd question: During my climbs, I often have to step at intermediate levels before getting the clearance to the higer level? I am not sure this is something common in real life. I believe the clearance to the higher level comes before reaching the on-going clearance, so holding step is necessaey. With RC4, I often get the problem especially when I need to contact another center just before... and especially at x2, x4 acceleration.3rd question:I have already raised the issue about waypoint crossing sensitivity. It is annoying that sometimes, even flying on the course, RC4 says it did not cross the way point and I am off-track. Maybe the controller should check that, even not I did not "cross" the wpt, I am still on the route. Can this be implemented, to avoid DIR TO request rather than 180

Hi Ghiom,<<1st question: will RC4.3 be available for FS9 as well?>>Yes. v4.3 is currently being tested and will be released soon.<>Believe me, it is. The RC team includes two r/w AT controllers (US and British) who have given much advice on r/w procedures.<>If you're going to use x2 or x4 acceleration I would urge you not to use it until you're at the cruise phase. RC is working very hard behind the scenes on determining your position, altitude and speed so if you employ time acceleration it will cause undesirable effects which will include missing waypoints.<>This sounds connected to the time acceleration problem. Again, restrain yourself from this until you're cruising. There will be changes to how RC deals with missing a checkpoint in v5 but that won't be released for a long time (over 1 year).<>AT controllers determine when an aircraft starts down - not the FMC :-) This has been discussed many times before so we've given you an option to request descent at Pilot's Discretion. It is only available to you when you have comms. This option will be presented when you don't have comms in v5. Depending on the number of runways at the arrival airport and the time of day it may or may not be granted.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Douglas Thompson

See the section "Pilot Discretion Descent Clearances" beginning p49 in the manual.