Sign in to follow this  
kenf

RCV4 won't start after installation

Have installed RCV4.2 (6 times now) and it won't start from the Start menu or by double-clicking the .exe file directly.It seems to try to start momentarily and stops..then nothing No error message.I am using XP Home SP2. As an experiment I installed it on my old computer running Win 98 and I had no problem starting the program.A previous poster #20026 - May 30th 2006, mark667 had the same problem exactly. It is almost as if SP2's Data Execution Prevention is operating but I have turned this off. No difference.Hoping someone has some ideas as I am very frustrated.Regards Ken

Hi Ken,Sorry, I can't help with that one. jd is away on a course with his work at present but I am sure he will be in touch asap.Just one thing that I have found myself with a couple of unrelated programs I needed at work whose installers wouldn't run. I booted into safe mode and ran them from there. Might be worth a try but I am no expert so don't know if this is advisable or not.All the best,John

it isn't dep. i run with dep on, and have no problems.any antivirus, spyware, etc programs interfering with the startup?jd

After a few tests I have also ruled out DEP. I have AVG and did a complete scan also have tried starting proram with AVG off. No result.Do you think spyware could stop a program from starting? I used to Have Spybot on my old computer. Would it be worth trying this?Thanks for replying.Ken