Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingfisher-blue

Re : Go Arounds

Guest kingfisher-blue

Am having problems when told to go around. I was approaching Newcastle and cleared to land RW07, then at last minute told "Go Around". I was then told to fly a heading 070, set heading to 070 but all I get is ATC "I say again fly heading" 070. He then told me to fly 115 same thing happens, "I say again fly heading 115". I was then told fly heading 190, set heading to 190, same thing, "I say again fly heading 190". In the end have to exit RC4. This has happened every time I get a go around, I have had two this week. One Blackpool RW28 and one at Newcastle RW07. Has anybody any idea whats wrong.Am using FS9, FSNav4.7, Active Sky V6, RC4 plus the updates. FSPassengers.All help very much appreciated. Many thanks, John

Hi John,Start with the most obvious question (with apologies). When you set heading 70/115 etc I assume the plane is turning onto these headings. For example if an FMC is set to LNAV it will ignore the heading set.More likely could you check in the RC interface, press the 'general' button and see what is set under 'Deviations' 'Heading'. The default is 15, the lower the number the more sensitive the heading watchdog is.What was the wind at the time? If you are given a course of 115 that is the course RC wants you to follow. If there is a strong crosswind setting a heading of 115 may not achieve this.All the best,John

what are your heading deviations set to?if you can duplicate the problem, generate a log, directions pinned at the top of the forumjd

Guest kingfisher-blue

Many thanks for the advice will wait and see if happens again. If it does will generate log for you. I have left deviation settings at default as yet because I am still on the learning curve. The heading bug was showing the directions given. I had flown through a thunderstorm and had a bit of a bumpy ride but that was over Wales and everything had calmed down by the time I was on approach. The heading 070 is Newcastles RW07 heading and that is what I was doing,flying the RW heading. It`s probably me doing something wrong somewhere along the line thats the problem. I think RC4 is brilliant, I love it. Once again many thanks for the advice and all the very best, John

remember the, you have to start the log, BEFORE you fly. then hope you can duplicate the problemjd