Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

Adventure Display

HiWith V4.3 can you use Peter Dowsons AdvDisp 2.14?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

fsuipc 3.7/4.0 has functionality to do the display. you don't need advdispbut yes, 4.3 is just like all other versions. it uses advdisp, or fsuipc display, or show textjd

Thanks jd.I have installed the RCV4.3 (beta) and I followed your installation instructions, but when I try to load the flight plan i get this message:Run-time error '6':Radar Contact.rcv4module.get_departure_information.Any ideas?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

did you do the additional step of clicking "rebuild scenery database" after you run rc for the first time after installing 4.3?jd

Yes and then I get the message " Is this a Widefs Configuration" If I put Yes then it tells me to " run makeways.exe in your FS machine" If I put OK it tells me to enter the path for the r4 csv.but even if I enter the path cProgram FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator" it tells me the file not found.Now if I enter No after it asks me " Is this a Widefs Configuration" then I get this message " makerway.exe is not in your FS path which should be. But I know it is in there.So I am stuck.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

when it tells you to run makerwys on the fs machine, do you?if you do, the r4.csv file will be created. you need to tell rc where the file is, by giving it a network path to a share where fs is on the fs machine.jd

Hi jdMy machine is a stand alone not in a network. So does this mean then when it asks me " Is this a Widefs Configuration" I should put No and then get out of Radar contact and run makerway.exe in FSX? Then after that I do not nead to run the database again on RC?What does Widefs Configuration mean?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi jdIt WORKS it WORKS now. I was not typing the correct path for FSX. My fault. Well I loaded my first flight plan and so far RC V4.3 works well. I get a transparent Radar Contact display with red letters with the commands. On spot view it is still there although I would have preferred it to automatically come on when there is a command. I must try the AdvDisplay from Peter Dowson and see.ThanksStelios

Stelios Christofides

At the top of the RC window you see status lines indicating the next checkpoint to be validated with heading and distance to it. This will indicate waypoint credit action as the status line will "pop" up the next waypoint to get credit as the current waypoint receives credit and this is a very important item to keep an eye on.If you go past a waypoint without getting credit, you will get reverse course vectoring or other corrective action and the status line will tell you why. (Corrective action is to go to the extended menu item nine and select the next waypoint you wish to be directed to effectively skipping the waypoint awaiting credit.)My preference is to keep it up dragged to an unobstrusive location and the transparency of the new RC window helps as opposed to the old advdisp.To have white characters if you prefer in the RC window add or modify the following line to/in FSUIPC.ini (after making a safety copy of that file):WhiteMessages=Yes

<>Thanks for the reply. Where do I find the FSUIPC.ini? Is it in the modules section? Is this the FSUIPC.ini[General]History=QC6CHUGPZOWTPOHE8ZTEATCASid=FlightTCASrange=40AxisCalibration=NoDirectAxesToCalibs=NoShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=NoSuppressMultilineFS=NoWeatherReadSeconds=1[WideServer]WideFSenabled=Yes[GPSout]Port=Speed=4800Interval=1000PosTo6Decimal=YesSentences=Stelios

Stelios Christofides

That is the correct file, in the modules folder. Insert the whitemessages line after the history line as for you:History=QC6CHUGPZOWTPOHE8ZTEAWhiteMessages=YesTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40. . .(rest follows). . .

Thanks Ron. Works now. Does this mean then that I can have any colour I want? If,say, I want blue I just change to this: BlueMessages=Yes ?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

No. Red or yellow (I forgot which is hard coded into the window display code) is on some monitors hard to read for font characters as well as some other colors. The FS ATC window that this RC window emulates for appearance has white characters and manu users preferred this.The combination of a semi transparent gray background with white characters makes them stand out against bright scenery, etc.

Thanks for the answer. I prefer the white colour. Is this display part of FSX or Radar Contact. It's cool and much better that the AdvDisplay we had before.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

The recent FSUIPC provides the screen mechanism. RC provides the wording/data. It is not part of FSX unless it provides something similar which I do not know. It was made to look similar to FS9 ATC menus in response to user requests.