Sign in to follow this  
Guest sparksnmagic

IAS vs TAS below 10,000

Guest sparksnmagic

Quick question on the 250kt limit below 10K:The real-world standing rule is to remain at-or-below 250kt INDICATED air speed (IAS) below 10,000 feet. RC4.2 issues speed warnings which seem to be keying off of true airspeed (TAS), or perhaps ground speed. I have seen as much as a 50kt difference between the two, around 10K. I have not found a setting to change this, except for the speed value in the setup window.Will this be addressed in RC5, and is there a means to fix it in RC4.2?

i'm using ias. tas would make no sensewhat is your speed deviation value on the options page?

I do not know if it affects the feedback that RC gets from your aircraft but make sure your FS realism options are set for IAS.

Guest sparksnmagic

Deviation is 10kts. I'll bump that up a bit. Now that you tell me it's IAS, I'll go on the premise it's pilot error and not a software issue. Thanks for the heads-up.