Sign in to follow this  
BenG

RC & AI Traffic

I'm considering buying RC4 as I've been impressed by the reviews I've read. But I've a few questions I'd like to ask first.When I fly I like to feel that the SKy is alive and I use Traffic 2005 to provide realistic Airlines/Flight-Plansand Gate/Ramps. From this forum and the website I see that RC is compatible with Traffic2005.However, - Will the AI traffic still appear as in the AFCAD/Flight Plan files, e.g. Mainly BA at Heathrow, Air Malta at Luga etc...?Will RC interact (or at least ppear to interact with AI Traffic - as long as I can hear ATC talking to AI planes, I'm happy).

Hi Ben,<Not sure I fully understand your question, sorry.<>Yes. You have to be on the same frequency as the Ai aircraft of course. So once you switch to Tower frequency you won't hear Ground talking to Ai. Also, there are several stratums so when you're flying at FL350 you won't hear controllers give instructions to aircraft at 6,000ft. Just as it is in the real world.The beta team includes real world Air Traffic Controllers (US and UK) so you can rest assured the procedures are as real as they get.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>However, - Will the AI traffic still appear as in the>AFCAD/Flight Plan files, e.g. Mainly BA at Heathrow, Air Malta>at Luga etc...?>There is an option in RC to interact with AI that appears in FS as supplied by FS itself or other traffic applications such as Ultimate Traffic. It is up to the scenery designer to provide the gate airline codes and the aircraft to contain those airline codes. If an AI aircraft is active in FS RC should recognize its presence.There is an extensive library of airline call signs but should the rare case of an unrecocnized airline be found RC will use a tail number.