Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Active runway wrong!

Hi,After having run RCv4 for a long time with no problems at all I have suddenly developed this problem. When using Active Sky for real world weather RCv4 seems to reverse the active runway. What I mean is when I tried to depart LHR today and the wind was 225/08kts it said that the active was 09s but it should have been the 27s obviously. This has happened every time sinc then and I have not had this problem at all before! I use the request runway but when I get the line up and wait that is the last thing I hear. After waiting on the runway for 5 minute or longer nothing happens, no cleared for takeoff is given.Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how I can sort this out?Many thanks for any replies/help :-) Andy S

Andy,Have you changed the loading order of FS and the other programs? The correct sequence should be FS, AS6 and finally RC4 but RC should only be loaded once AS6 has updated the weather and toggled the Ai traffic to ensure they're using the correct runway based on prevailing wind.If you start RC4 before AS6 has finished and toggled Ai there's a very real chance the wrong runways will be assigned.Hopefully that will also solve the problem of not getting a take-off clearance from Tower.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi, I have not changed the loading order so I doubt that thats the problem. As I said this has only just started happening after a year or so of trouble free running. I will have a go at with the order you say though just to make sure.

Andy,It's very strange this problem should suddenly happen when nothing on your system has changed.Does it only happen at EGLL? If it persists then please create a log and send it to JD's support address. Instructions on how to create a log are pinned at the top of the forum posts.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

By any chance did you update LHR scenery or AFCADs? If so did you run the RC scenery rebuild utility?You also should be using FSUIPC v7.1. Some earlier versions caused errors.If you wish to investigate what AI are doing, when you download FSUIPC a utility called traffic look is in that folder. After starting FS and AS6.5 and letting weather writes refesh and AI refresh, start that. In will run in a seperate window and give you the status of AI. Start RC and after getting the assigned runway immediate go to the traffic look window and see if any AI are landing and where. Use this as a diagnostic only.You can try this if your curious to determine the environment conditions. This will do until a response is given to your log that you should send, as Ray mentioned.Another idea is to look at a high overhead view to see what is going on particularly with AI.I use AS6.5 but only with weather downloaded before flight, not during the flight, to avoid any extra CPU utilization at the fifteen minute period. Remember that AI on their own will not immediately respond to sudden wind changes.

Hi,Ray, it happened also at EGSS as well as EGLL. They are both UK2000 sceneries could this be to do with it? I havnt tried flying out of another non UK2000 airport yet but I will tonight if I get time to see if I get the same problem.Ron, I have updated the AFCADs for EGLL but I ran the RC scenery rebuild utility, as I do after every add-on scenery install. I'll have to check the FSUIPC version and get back to you.Thanks again for your help.Andy S

Hi,Just tried again at EGSS. Weather winds were 180/11 and I got rwy 05 not 23 which i expenx should be the active. I then tried at the defaul FS9 EDDK, winds 130/8 and got rwy 32R not 14 as I would expect. This proves that its not just UK2000 scenery thats causing the problem. This was all after running the rebuild scenery DB.My FSUIPC is the latest version (v3.7.1.0).I will send you a log when I get time, hopefully today or tomorrow.CheersAndy s

at egss, if the ai are using 05, you're going to get 05at eddk, if the ai are using 32R, you're going to get 32Rregardless of winds, and sceneryjd

Hi Andy,I've got Gary Summons' London Airports package which I guess is the same as the one you're using. I don't get these problems.Try setting the winds manually in FS9 and then start RC. Do the Ai use the correct runway then? I'm just trying to get a feel for what is causing this. If we can take AS6 out of the loop it simplifies things.There's an button assignment option in FSUIPC to toggle Ai aircraft. You might want to assign this to a button so you can manually toggle the Ai on/off so you can be sure they're reacting to the winds you've just setup. Set the value to 0. It then toggles between the value you have set and zero. Pressing it again toggles from zero to the manually set %.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather