Sign in to follow this  
ohanmer

Being turned 180 when on track

Hi JDI've been using RC V4.2 for about six weeks and overall I think it's brilliant. You guys have done a commendable job on something that must be very difficult to get right in all situations. Until recently, I have been using it in conjuction with Aeroworx B200 Super King Air and Flight Deck Companion. After a lot of tweaking (mostly with FDC) and getting used to the more accurate procedures within RC4, I have been having a whale of a time enjoying the extra realism created by the combination of FDC's checklist calls and RC4's ATC interactivity. I've even matched the voices in both programs so that you can (almost) believe it is the same co-pilot running through the checklists and talking to ATC. My problems...1)I have begun to use Dreamfleet's 727 WhisperJet. Great aircraft and ideal to use the same mixture of FDC and RC4. On the last three trips, very soon after passing a VOR waypoint, I have been informed that I was off track and requested to turn onto a heading that effectively turns me around. This is not happening at every VOR waypoint. This is very different from any previous navigation errors that I have been picked up on where the controller simply gives me a heading to vector me towards the next waypoint. The only way I can prevent my flight being spoilt is to immediately request to go direct to the next waypoint, which the controller allows with no further interference. Each time this has happened, I quickly check the map in FS9 and I appear to be acceptably on course. I generate my flight plans in FS9, they are always IFR and the problem occurs both when using VOR to VOR and High-Altitude Airways.I have run Rebuild Scenery Database which reduced the number of orthodox "off-course rebukes" that I was receiving, but I never had this "turn right around" problem when flying the King Air. 2) Now that I am flying the 727, I am attempting to land at some of the major US airports. On my last two trips, (one to KABQ and one to KDEN), I was given a particular runway once handed over to approach, only to be given a different runway when the contrller gave me the "you are 14 miles SE of the runway....etc..etc...", by which time I had everything (NAV, bugs, DH etc) set up for the wrong runway. Very frustrating and seemingly too late to access the Req Alt Rwy feature. Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's a great product and would love to get it working as well with the 727 as I have with the B200.RegardsOscar

if you are given a 180 degree turn, you missed the checkpoint. if you can duplicate the problem, follow the directions pinned at the top, and create a .log and send it to me. i'll look and see what is going on2) the reason you were given a different runway, was because the ai were using it. if you had stayed on the original runway's approach, you probably would have landing head on into the ai taking offjd

Guest TPN_Turnip

I too run into this problem. ( Ref: my previous posts ) Each time a pass a waypoint, I hear a "ding" sound indicating that I reached another waypoint. If you don't hear this sound, RC assumes that you are off course. I started making my flight plans with FSNav and exporting them into FS2004. Since then I haven't had this problem. I am unable to use any flightplns that I downloaded off the internet in RC as they always tell me to "turn to heading 070 and proceed on course when able" A bit frustrating but I just request a "direct to... " from ATC and continue on. BTW, this mostly happens when I have to make a sharp turn due to some DP.TurnipSystem Specs:Motherboard = P5-GL-MXP4 3.0SB LiveATI Radeon X800 GTO (256) Overclocked to 550 Core / 525 Mem2 Gb Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

you have to pass within 2 miles of each checkpoint in a departure procedure. a lot less room for error there.jd

You can fix this problem by asking for a Direct to, to the next waypoint.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCDhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Hi folksThanks for the rapid responses. Seems like I will just have to brush up on my navigational accuracy and use the Direct to Next Waypoint if I don't fall within the 2 mile "bullseye". Still a great product though!As I am sticking with FS9 at the moment and in no hurry to upgrade to FSX, am I right in assuming that I should stay with V4.2 and not upgrade to V4.3 (just wait for the V5 upgrade)?Keep up the good work guys.Many thanksOscar