Sign in to follow this  
Guest Segwin

Busted Altitude - Again

Guest Segwin

Flying from KORD to EDDF in the PMDG 744.Approaching EDDF was told to descend and maintain 11,000 and was also told what the QNH was. Set it to the proper QNH (was NOT using inches of mercury). Leveled off at 11,000 and was informed that I busted ALT. Checked with in flight weather, the QNH was set correctly however, I heard the pilot call out that our ALT was 10,500.What might have caused this?EDIT *Might have found the answer* - My bad me thinks - Where do I find the transition altitudes for overseas? TIA

Hi Terry,I'm at work so I can't check which file you need for TAs. But, I suspect you were told to "descend and maintain flight level one one zero" rather than "eleven thousand feet".The Transition Altitude for most German airports is 5000-6000ft so you should have stayed on standard pressure.Once you get a clearance down to "x thousand feet" that's when you change to QNH. I suspect your head was still using FAA rules with the TA of 18000ft :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Segwin

Ah, thanks Ray. That was it for sure. I'll have to listen more carefully. I like the realistic effect though!While on the busted altitude topic, is there anyway to get ATC to slow down a bit ie. I was returning from EDDF to KORD today, requested FL380 from FL360, approval was given, I plugged it into the MCP hit the alt button (PMDG 744) and she didn't even get a chance to climb and I got the "Sir, watch your altitude" phrase.TIA

if you have autoreply on, then turn it off. then don't ack the request to climb, until you are climbingjd

Guest Segwin

So it's ok to start climbing before you ever get permission?

i didn't say that.when autoreply is on, as soon as you're told to climb the ack of the climb instruction is played, and the timeer startsif you turn off autoreply, you have to press the 7 key to acknowledge the instruction.so, do what you need to do to get the plane ready to climb, and THEN acknowledge the climb instruction. then the timer will start, but you're already climbingjd

I was going to say exactly the same as JD but he's quicker than me! :-lolCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Segwin

I don't mean to beat the horse here however, is there a way to add a few more seconds to the timer?

until v5, nountil then, turn off autoreply, ack when you are ready to start climbing, or are climbingjd