Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Upgrade Questions and Requests

Is V5 the only upcoming upgrade? Will V5 be compatible with FS9?I know some sort of list must exist, and perhaps a tacked/sticky thread with those features should be put up, along with some requests for future versions.What I'd like to see so far:1. A little longer delay before ATC "busts" the altitude. For example, certain planes require a bit more time to start descent. The Piper Meridian I was flying last night requires the following for descent: Open the S-Tec, push a button to get to ALT entry and lower the altitude, then go to a different panel and select the LVL CHNG mode. It's a few seconds (~10 seconds). A couple add-ons I have even have to slow down before descent will even begin, so thus it's longer in them too. It's only a few more seconds really.2. Ability to regulate the interaction with AI. Example - I only turn on the amount of AI that RC4.2 and MSFS can handle, so it's not that much. AI is always turned away from me, and I know this is how it should be (real world & sim), however, I never get to hear those fun traffic avoidance calls the complex paywares come with. "Traffic, Traffic" or "Climb, Climb Now". I know this is silly and isn't that important, but I just thought I'd mention it :)3. Also, the heading change for traffic when taking off. A few times I'll get a "Fly heading 280" when the runway heading is 250 and it's for traffic, but I get barked at when only a few feet off the ground. I can't exactly start a bank only a few feet off the ground in a large Boeing in the middle of the airfield. ;)4. Ability to force ATC to follow the flight plan more closely, both in lateral and vertical mode. It works fine for take off, but sometimes the approach gets lost, so it'd be nice to be able to force RC to follow the STAR without having to ask. Also on take off or landing something could be entered at the waypoints in RC4 so that ATC gives you those altitudes instead of using NOTAMs. This would accomodate those mountains and SID/STAR plans as if ATC knew what they are like the real world ATC does.Thanks! I might think of some more!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

4.3 will be the next upgrade, which will add fsx support to v4.xi'm currently working on v5. at the moment it will run with fs9 and fs10. that is not to say things will change before the release. but today, it runs on both1) turn off autoreply, or handle the comms yourself. both contribute to being busted, when you're unable to climb or descend when told to. the timer starts as soon as the ack by the co-pilot or by autoreply. it's also on the v5 list to change that behavior2) you want me to not move the ai out of the way?3) you have 1000 ft to make the turn4) stars end at approach. if you want a specific approach, you can ask for an iap approach. we will be adding a quadrant of msa's in v5, and will use that, hopefully, instead of notams to avoid high terrainjd

Since this is sort of a request post, as for the in flight emergancies, could there be one more option to continue to destination? That is you can state that you have some sort of emergancy or failure but are able to continue to you destination. If the situation suddenly worsens, you could then divert. And I know this is actually a lot to ask and isn't really practical, but could the co-pilot also be enabled to control PMDG aircraft? Just a thought.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

the first part is problably do-able, but it's not on the list for v5controlling a third party airplane, isn't possible, as far as i know. isn't that the fancy fmc thingy is for :-) ?

>controlling a third party airplane, isn't possible, as far as>i know. isn't that the fancy fmc thingy is for :-) ?Yeah, but if say I needed to perform a step climb or any sort of course adjustment, it would be neat if the co-pilot could do that. I didn't think it was really possible though. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks for the reply.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Hi Ryan,<>How could RC read that info? It's contained within the PMDG CDU and its own autopilot code. It isn't accessible to other programs.Nice idea but not feasible - sorry.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

yes, but you will have to travel to roswell ga, to pick it up.tea will be available in manchester england

<>:-lol

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather